A short blog, focused on Automatic Role Determination for Approval stage in Flexible Workflow.
For manual release of an item, we have ‘Role’ & ‘User’ option available under Assignment By in Recipients section. Next to which we can chose the agent from the standard Role options available e.g. Agent Determination by BAdi, Manager of Workflow Initiator etc.
Let’s say, we have a requirement of assigning a custom role with multiple user, responsible for approving a purchase order. But we don’t have any standard Role option to choose from.
Assuming, all the prerequisite completed for Automatic Release of Purchase Order. Let’s jump directly to the adjustment needed to fulfill our requirement.
- Go to transaction PFTC in Backend.
- Open the required workflow in edit mode. (Copying standard workflow is recommended)
- Execute the Workflow Builder.
- Click Approve Purchase Order Scenario.
- Go to Activities tab.
- Select ReleaseXXX activity.
- Choose Step Classification as Approval Step.
- Under Agent section, choose Role and enter the required Custom Role.
- Save the workflow and hit activate icon.
In Fiori Launchpad,
- Open app Manage Workflow for Purchaser Order
- Create a new workflow with your required precondition.
- Now when you chose manual release of Purchase Order, after choosing Role under Assignment By in Recipients section.
- A new entry will be available in drop down as Determined Automatically.
- Choose between One of the recipients & All of the recipients.
- Select and Save.
Once you create a purchase order with all the precondition meeting for triggering the flexible workflow, purchase order will be available in My Inbox fiori app.
Hope you find this helpful!