World’s Largest Survey of BI & Analytics Users Continues to Show Top Rankings for SAP Analytics Cloud
You may remember that SAP Analytics Cloud gained high marks in The BI Survey 18. I’m very pleased to share that The BI Survey 19 shows no different results: SAP Analytics Cloud continues to achieve excellent scores with amazing findings from the survey.
The BI Survey 19
The BI Survey 19 was conducted by market leading industry analyst BARC from March to June 2019. Altogether, 3,021 respondents worldwide answered a series of questions about their BI software. The survey offers a comparison of 36 leading business intelligence tools across 34 key performance indicators including business value, customer satisfaction, customer experience and competitiveness.
Here are top findings for SAP Analytics Cloud in The BI Survey 19:
- 97% of the surveyed users would recommend SAP Analytics Cloud. This is one of the most significant findings for this year and this fantastic score is even increased from 96% in 2018
- 91% rate its functionality for creating dashboards as good or excellent compared to 80% for the average BI tool. The survey indicates that dashboards/scorecards are by far the main use case for the product today with 80% of respondents who already use SAP Analytics Cloud for dashboards/scorecards and 20% who plan to do so in the future
- 55% chose SAP Analytics Cloud because of the high innovative capacity of SAP. This compares very favorably to the survey average of just 16% and this is even increased from 52% in 2018. This SAP capacity is the second most common reason why companies purchase SAP Analytics Cloud
Other top findings for SAP Analytics Cloud in The BI Survey 19 include:
- 88% of surveyed users rate the ability of SAP to understand their organization‘s needs as very good or good compared to 83% for the average BI tool
- 74% chose SAP Analytics Cloud because of its predefined data connection compared to 19% for the average BI tool
17 Top-Rankings and 29 Leading Positions for SAP Analytics Cloud!
Overall The BI Survey 19 continues to show top-rankings and leading positions for SAP Analytics Cloud across 4 peer groups from ‘Large international BI vendors’ to ‘Integrated performance management products’ and ‘Data discovery focused products. This year’s survey shows SAP Analytics Cloud with no less than 17 top-rankings and 29 leading positions!
SAP Analytics Cloud achieves top-rankings or leading positions, particularly in the ‘Large international BI vendors’ peer group up against its competitors. Customers rate the product highly for KPIs such as ‘Business value’, ‘Customer satisfaction’, ‘Innovation’, ‘Competitiveness’ as well as functional categories including ‘Dashboards’, expressing a high level of satisfaction with both the vendor and its product. The BI Survey 19 also confirms that benefits such as reduced costs, increased revenues and saved headcount are achieved by an above-average proportion of SAP Analytics Cloud users compared to other products.
In a nutshell SAP Analytics Cloud ranked ahead of other products across its peer groups for the following KPIs:
- Innovation. “Ever since it began featuring in The BI Survey, SAC has been consistently top-ranked for ‘Innovation’ in all of its peer groups, which is an exceptional result”. The survey states that SAP Analytics Cloud is used frequently for innovative BI use cases such as cloud BI, mobile BI, operational BI, location intelligence, visual analysis and data preparation.
- Cloud BI. SAC is ranked best for ‘Cloud BI’ in all of its peer groups, consolidating its position from last year.
- Mobile BI. The survey confirms that many customers use SAC on mobile devices and this year’s results for this scenario show an improvement from last year.
- Project length. Surveyed users indicate that they are quite happy with the amount of time spent on their implementation projects. Furthermore, SAC projects are usually quite quick in comparison to many other SAP competitors thanks to “its pure cloud-based deployment approach, which guarantees fast time to value”.
More Highlights for SAP Analytics Cloud in The BI Survey 19
- SAP Analytics Cloud is ‘Considered for purchase’ KPI and competitiveness in general have improved dramatically since last year’s BI Survey. This year, SAP Analytics Cloud achieves leading ranks for ‘Competitiveness’ in all of its four peer groups. The speed of development of SAP Analytics Cloud has been impressive and SAP has ploughed even more resources into it in recent months.
- Many customers feel they can roll out and use the product in a self-service manner in business departments. Moreover, ‘Ease of use for report recipients’ (42%) is a prominent reason why companies buy SAP Analytics Cloud and only 3% of respondents report ‘Software difficult to use’ as an issue. These facts underpin the product’s suitability for self-service scenarios.
- Customers particularly highlight the vendor’s and its partners’ industry-specific knowledge and ability to understand their business needs. This result, combined with very good scores in the ‘Vendor support’ and ‘Implementer support’ KPIs, shows that contact with the sales and support staff at SAP and its partners is rated very positively by our survey respondents.
- Predefined data connection is by far the main reason why companies buy SAP Analytics Cloud (74%). In the product, predefined and live data access is currently available for several SAP data sources (e.g., SAP BW, SAP HANA, SAP BusinessObjects universes, SAP S/4HANA).
- Visual analysis is a frequent use case for SAP Analytics Cloud customers. The product offers strong functionality for visualizing data, including IBCS-compliant (Hichert) visual design standards.
- Vendor support is highly appreciated by SAP Analytics Cloud customers, indicating that SAP and its experienced partner network provide a high level of support.
I invite you to read BARC’s highlights report on SAP Cloud Analytics to uncover more insights (registration might be required): www.sap.com/barc-bi-survey-19.
For more information on the survey, please visit The BI Survey website: www.bi-survey.com/product/sap-analytics-cloud