Welcome to this blog series on release highlights of SAP S/4HANA Cloud. This blog will provide the highlights of latest innovations on Service.
I am glad to share several good news on Service in 1911. The highlights are
- Localization – 36 countries
- Introducing In-house repair
- Service order processing with SAP FSM
- Enhancements in Service Order management
- Enhancements in Service Contract management
You can also watch my 5min video for a quick overview on the highlights:
Major release with localization
This is one of the topics which many of you have been waiting for. In 1911, it is possible for 36 countries to use Service order management and Service contract management. The new scope items In-House Repair(3XK) and Service Order Processing with SAP Field Service Management (49X) are available for US and Germany.
Figure 1 – Localization for Service in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1911
In-House repair (scope item : 3XK)
Service in 1911 introduces a new process, In-house repair. This process provides core activities for repair and maintenance such as pre-checking, planning, repairing, and triggering billing for the repair objects.
A service representative/coordinator can use apps like ‘Manage In-House Repairs’, ‘Perform Pre-check’, ‘Prepare for billing’. The following features are supported.
- Enter repair objects: Service representatives can use this feature to create in-house repairs by adding repair objects, which are sent by the customers. Use the app ‘Manage In-house repairs’.
- Perform prechecks: You use this feature to decide for each repair object whether it is marked for repair or whether it is sent back to the customer.
- Prepare for billing: You use this feature to trigger the billing process for the repair object,
A service manager can use apps like ‘Manage In-House Repairs’ and ‘Plan Repairs’.
- Plan repairs: You use this feature to schedule the object for repair. In the repair order, you define the service employee who is to perform the repair.
A service technician can have an app ‘Perform repairs’ separately.
- Perform repairs: You use this feature to perform the repair based on the repair order.
In 1911, only lean In-House repair process is shipped. More features will be coming in the next releases.
Please read the part 2 here
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- Sven Denecken’s SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1911 Release Blog
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud User Community: register here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here