SAP Analytics Cloud – Blending information (Part 3)
In the first two parts (Part 1, Part 2) we installed the Data Provisioning Agent and we configured our SAP HANA system for the blending process. Whats left for us to do now, is to configure the Data Provisioning Agent and to register the DP Agent with our SAP Analytics Cloud system.
Configuring & Registering DP Agent
- Logon to your SAP Analytics Cloud system.
- Navigate to System > Administration > Data Source Configuration.
- Scroll down to the SAP HANA Smart Data Integration area.
- Click on Register New Data Provisioning Agent.
- Enter a unique name for the DP Agent
- Enter a Description.
- Click Save (but do not close the screen).
We will need all the information shown in the screen as part of the next steps.
- Now logon to the system where you installed the DP Agent.
- Navigate to the default installation location, which should be \usr\sap\dataprovagent.
- Open the file dpagentconfig.ini for editing.
- Enter the values from the SAP HANA Smart Data Integration screen for the following options:
- Also ensure the following values are configured as shown:
- Make sure to save the changes.
- In case you require a proxy, you also need to configure the following lines:
- proxyHost=<proxy hostname>
- proxyPort=<proxy port>
- Now open a command prompt and set the environment variable
- on Windows : set DPA_INSTANCE=<Installation Folder>
- on Linux: export DPA_INSTANCE=<Installation Folder>
- Now Start the DP Agent
- on Windows: <Installation Folder>/bin/agentcli.bat –configAgent
- on Linux: <Installation Folder>/bin/agentcli.sh –configAgent
- In case the agent has already been started, use the option to stop and then start.
Configuring HANA XS Details
Now we need to configure the HANA XS User and password as part of the DP Agent configuration.
- Run the following command:
- on Windows: <Installation Folder>/bin/agentcli.bat –setSecureProperty
- on Linux: <Installation Folder>/bin/agentcli.sh –setSecureProperty
- Select the option 1. HANA XS Username
- Enter the HANA XS Username that is shown in the SAP Analytics Cloud screen (please note, the user name will not be shown at the command prompt).
- Select the option 2. HANA XS Password.
- Enter the password shown in the screen from SAP Analytics Cloud.
- After you confirmed the password, use Q to close the program.
- Restart the DP Agent using the steps from before.
- Close the screen in SAP Analytics Cloud.
Configuring SAP Analytics Cloud
- In SAP Analytics Cloud navigate to System > Administration > Data Source Configuration
- Scroll down to the area SAP HANA Smart Data Integration.
- Click on the option Add New Remote Source.
- Enter a new Name for the Remote Source.
- Enter the full qualified host name of your SAP HANA System.
- Enter the SQL Port of your SAP HANA System.
- Enter the Schema and Table name of the table you created.
In our example SDI_ADMIN.REMOTE_OBJECTS
- Enter the credentials for the SDI_ADMIN user we created before.
- Click Save.
- After the Remote Source has been added, click Add Live Data Connection.
- Select the Live Connection, in our example the Live Connection for BW on HANA (or BW4HANA)
- Click Save.
At this point we have finished the configuration and we can now use the browser based as well as SDI based blending and combine data from BW with data – for example – from a spreadsheet.