This will be my 15th SAP TechEd event in the past 12 years. SAP TechEd is very special for me. This is the place where I had my first customer interaction in 2008 when I was taking care of a SAP TechEd booth on lifecycle management tools at SAP. Its been a great journey since then.
SAP is one of the very few enterprise application vendors who always had a strong Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) strategy.
Since many years SAP Solution Manager has been supporting more than 15000 of SAP’s customers in managing their applications from application operations to business process operations for running their SAP applications efficiently and process management to change and test management for efficiently building and extending the SAP applications.
With many customers moving to the cloud, its imperative for us at SAP to evolve the ALM strategy to include tools needed by our cloud only and cloud centric customers to manage their cloud applications. The first step in that direction was the announcement of SAP Cloud ALM in 2018.
Meanwhile, we also saw that with advent of move to private cloud and hosted environments. This created a new need for providing ALM tool support for these service providers. To address this market, we launched Focused Run for SAP Solution Manager which is targeted towards service providers who want to manage SAP applications across hundreds or even thousands of SAP customers.
So this year at SAP TechEd we will be addressing all the three product lines across two learning maps
These learning journeys perfectly reflects our product strategy providing ALM tools for our on- premise/hybrid centric customers (CAA6) and for our cloud-centric customers(CAA7). Here are my recommendations for the sessions you can attend at TechEd this year
If you want to know know about our ALM strategy, attend
- CAA807 – Road Map Session for SAP Solution Manager
- CAA808 – Road Map: SAP Cloud ALM
- LT109 – Find the Right ALM Solution for Your Cloud Journey
- CAA212, CAA213 – Road Map Sessions for SAP Cloud ALM for implementation and operations
If you want to know how SAP Solution Manager helps optimise your SAP S/4HANA implementation projects, attend
- CAA209 -Updates in Requirements to Deploy in SAP Solution Manager and Focused Build
- CAA211 – Supporting the Transition to SAP S/4HANA with Business Process Improvement
- CAA372 – Process Management and Test Suite in SAP Solution Manager and Focused Build
- CAA373 – Agile Projects and Requirements with SAP Solution Manager and Focused Build
- CAA215 – Change Control Management: Building the Bridge for CI/CD in Hybrid Solution
If you want to know how to build and run your SAP Cloud Applications using SAP Cloud ALM, attend
If you want to know how SAP Focused Run for SAP Solution Manager helps service providers become more efficient and intelligent their SAP AMS operations
- CAA378 – Monitoring of Cloud-Centric Landscapes with Focused Run
- CAA374 – Monitoring Non-SAP Components with Focused Run for SAP Solution Manager
- CAA210 – Focused Run: The Operations Platform for On-Premise-Centric Customers
Looking forward to seeing you all there.
If you want to know how far SAP Solution Manager has come in the last 7 years, watch this “blast from the past” video from 2012 where I was talking about the SAP Solution Manager roadmap at that time.
For more information please refer to the