This Blog post explains step by step procedure. How to Load data to the BW source to Google Big Query through SAP BODS.
- First Need to give connection between BW and SAP BODS because of we can import data easily from Source by giving connection.
- Create Data store between BW source and BODS.
A Pop-up for create a new data store will appear as shown in below screenshot.
- Enter Data store name DS_BWD.
- Data store Type name as SAP BW Source.
- Enter Database server name, User Name, Pass word.
- Click on Apply button after that click on OK button.
Data store will be created and created Data store will be shown in below.
- Go to Local Object Library then select desire Data store tab
- Data store DS_BWD will be displayed as shown in below.
- Import Metadata to BODS.
Already we have created a Data store for BW BODS. After that we import metadata from BW into BODS.
- Select Data store DS_BWD and then right click after that click on Import by name option.
A dialogue box will be displayed Import by Name as shown in.
- Select Type as Table. Enter name of a table, which we want to import after that click on Import button as shown in above screen shot.
Metadata table will be imported, in Data store DS_BWD as shown in below screen shot.
Google Big Query Setup
To get started with Google Big Query you need to
- If you don’t already have one, create a google account.
- Create your Google Account.
- Then go to the google developers console https://console.developers.google.com/
- Then login and create a new project as shown in below screen shot.
Create Data store between BODS and BIG QUERY
We are all know, in BODS we need to create a separate data store for source and target. We have already created a data store for the source (between BODS and BW), right now we need to create a data store for the (between BODS and BIG QUERY). So, we need to create a new data store with name DB_BIGQUERY.
- Project->New->Data store
- A dialogue box for create a new data store will appear as shown in below screenshot.
- Enter Data store name DB_BIGQUERY after that Enter Data store Type as Database Type.
- Enter Database Type as Google BIGQUERY.
- After that Enter Web Service URL www.googleapis.com/bigquery/v2.
- Enter connection details as shown in below.
After that Click on “Apply” and then “OK” button.
- Data store will be created and created Data store will be shown in below.
- Go to Local Object Library then choose desire Data store tab.
- Data store DB_BIGQUERY will be displayed as shown in below.
Load data to the BW source to Google Big Query through SAP BODS.
- First we need to create Project PROJ_BW_BIG_QUERY_, JOB as JOB_BW_BIG_QUERY and thenwe need to create Work Flow as WF_BW_BIG_QUERY and then create Data Flow as DF_BW_BIG_QUERY.
2. Drag Source table into data flow and then place query transformation with rename as QRY_EXTRACTION and here we select all the columns from the schema in of the query transformation.
3. QRY_EXTRACTION and here we select all the columns from the schema in of the query transformation and map to output to the schema out.
4. After that Save and Validate the project. And then click on validate button a pop-up will appear for validation success.
5.After that to execute job. Follow the below steps.
Select job and right click choose execute option, to execute job.
6. After executing job, a job log window is displayed.
7. Then table will be loaded into the Google cloud platform.
By this way you can easily how to Load data to the SAP BW source to Google Big Query through SAP BODS.