Customer First Lounge @ TechEd Barcelona 2019
At TechEd Barcelona 2019, the SAP Cloud Platform Customer Engagement Team hosted a “Customer First Lounge” to give our existing customers a special treatment. In this blog, we’d like to share some of our experiences with you.
In Customer First, we aim for first class customer treatment. That’s why we prepared some kind of VIP Lounge for our valued customers to meet and exchange with decision makers from other companies.
“A unique opportunity for our most valuable clients to connect and discuss how peers transform into Intelligent Enteprises” says Carsten Kress, Senior Director Customer First, who initiated and executed the Customer First Lounge.
The Customer First Lounge has been built on 3 pillars:
- Customer Roundtables connected customers with similar interests or questions. Exchange of experiences were the baseline for vital discussions and Q&A. What methods worked well for other companies, what are the lessons learned to be even more successful in the future? We are very thankful that PwC, H&M, SIKA, Nestlé, Henkel, Bacardi Martini, Milcobel and Döhler volunteered to give insights in their SAP Cloud Platform Journeys: Which Use-Cases have been implemented, what made certain project ideas most successful, which were the main challenges in the daily business and how have they been adressed?
- Executive Meet & Greets with SAP Executives created the opportunity for our customers to raise questions and give feedback to our strategy or the roadmap, directly with high-level Executives. We are proud that
- Juergen Mueller, Chief Technology Officer & Member of the Executive Board
- Gunther Rothermel, Head of SAP Cloud Platform and
- Dr. Markus Noga, SVP SAP Cloud Platform Business Services
offered some of their time to come together with some of our most important SAP customers and openly listened to their feedback.
- Exclusive Special Treatments acted similar to a “Concierge” Service at TechEd: Our Customer Engagement Executives helped to find the most interesting booths at the showfloor, connected with Experts from Product Management & Development or hand-picked the best sessions from the more than fully packed Agenda Builder.
The Executive Summit on Tuesday Evening, sponsored by HCL, was not exclusive to Customer First Lounge attendees, so it was an extended opportunity to meet Executives from peer companies and get inspired by even more impulse presentations.
We are pleased that we had a broad mix of SAP Executives (Anja Schneider, Gunther Rothermel & colleagues from Product Management described Customer Success Stories & explained the SCP strategy), customers (Nestlé presented about what they achieved with SAP Cloud Platform) and partners (HCL demonstrated how they can support successful implementations through their Cloud Native Labs and Apple shared successful customer stories leveraging Apple in Business and the SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS).
Thanks to all the speakers, the attendees and obviously to HCL for sponsoring this evening!