ECC Tables after Migration to S/4 HANA(Simple Finance)
Hari Boda is working as a Senior BW-HANA consultant at TekLink Software Pvt Ltd (www.teklink.com) and has worked on multiple assignments in BW-HANA analytics domain.
With S/4 HANA is growing in SAP world there are many questions looming regarding the impact/changes and disruptions. This post mainly outlines the impact on traditional SAP tables after migration to ‘S/4 HANA Simple Finance’ as it contains fewer database tables.
Brief about S/4 HANA:
- S/4 HANA is an abbreviation for SAP Business Suite (4th generation) SAP HANA. S = Simple and 4 = 4th generation of SAP Enterprise software.
- R/1,R/2,R/3 are the previous generations Enterprise Central Component (ECC)
- SAP S/4 runs only on SAP HANA platform unlike ECC which can work on other databases like IBM, Oracle etc..
- SAP S/4 HANA has advantage of HANA’s in memory capability
- OLTP and OLAP capabilities in same system with real time reporting and predictive analytics
Tables in ECC which are being reduced to single table in S/4 HANA S-FIN.
Traditional ECC 6 database tables:
- BKPF – SAP Accounting Header Table Data
- BSEG – SAP Cluster table used to store Accounting Document Segment data(Line item Data)
- BSIS – Accounting: Secondary Index for G/L Accounts data
- BSAS – Accounting: Secondary Index for G/L Accounts (Cleared Items)
- BSID – Accounting: Secondary Index for Customers data.
- BSIK – Accounting: Secondary Index for Vendors data
- BSAK – Accounting: Secondary Index for Vendors (Cleared Items)
- BSIM – Secondary Index, Documents for Material data
- FAGLBSIS – Accounting: Secondary Index for G/L Accounts data
- FAGLBSAS – Accounting: Secondary Index for G/L Accounts (Cleared Items)
- GLT0 – G/L account master record transaction figures
- FAGLFLEXT – New General Ledger: Total Tables
- KNC1 – Customer master (transaction figures)
- LFC1 – Vendor master (transaction figures)
- KNC3 – Customer master (special G/L transaction figures) data
- LFC3 – Vendor master (special G/L transaction figures) data
- COSS – CO Object: Cost Totals for Internal Postings data
- COSP – CO Object: Cost Totals for External Postings data
Material Ledger Tables:
- MLIT, MLPP, MLPPF, MLCR, MLCD, CKM11, BSIM
Asset Accounting Tables:
- ANEK, ANEP, ANEA, ANLP, ANLC
SAP S/4 HANA(Simple Finance):
SAP Released SAP S/4 in 2015 named as ‘Smart Finance’ and later it changed the name to ‘Simple Finance(S-FIN)’ and thereafter it was renamed as ‘S/4 HANA Finance’. S/4 HANA Finance provides a database table “ACDOCA”(Universal Journal) is which contains all the documents types from FI, CO, MM, SD, PP applications. All the postings to these applications are written in single ACDOCA table (so it’s a replacement table for existing traditional tables like BKPF,BSEG etc). This way system avoids data redundancy to a great extent.
What if we still need to access traditional tables? The traditional tables from system are replaced by HANA CDS(Core Data Services) views, which will be referencing and fetching data from ACDOCA(Universal Journal table). In this way SAP has ensured that the traditional tables are converted to database views so the existing programs using those as tables will not be impacted even after migration to S/4 HANA S-FIN. There still might be a minimal need to align and re-adjust some ABAP syntaxes which can be easily analyzed by doing syntax checks.
It will be user’s choice to either use ACDOCA or use CDS views to build reports/programs going forward after the migration. In my next blog I will try to explain practical use cases for ACDOCA table vs CDS views, so stay tuned!
Thank you for reading my blog. Comments and feedback are welcome!
Thank you Ganesh!
Thanks for sharing this information. Very helpful !
Could you please upload what are the changes has been done
What has changed in SAP ECC with S/4 HANA
comparing with in SAP ECC table to SAP S4 HANA tables (Ex. Structure, fields, Data type, etc...).
Urgent requirement please.
Hi Sangamesh ,
Are you able to get the information you asked above ? I am also looking for the changes happened in S/4 with respect to DB tables compared to ECC .If you know by the time now , kindly share it with us
Thanx in advance !