This is the main post in a series of blogs on the topic of migration custom applications to SAP databases, using the SAP Advanced SQL Migration tool.
- SAP’s best-kept secret?
- Q: How to demonstrate a DBMS migration? (A: with a video)
- Version 3.4: support for Netezza and Hana 2 SP04 (new)
- Challenges when converting @@ERROR checking from SQL Server to Hana – and how to solve them (new)
- How to proceed with SAP Advanced SQL Migration (new)
- SAP Advanced SQL Migration: What are Run Time Components (RTCs)?
- PL/SQL DBMS_OUTPUT package conversion for SAP Hana
- SAP Hana NULL string concatenation
- Data migration to SAP Hana through SDA
- Converting complex column defaults into SAP Hana
- Teradata: ‘date’ to ‘numeric’ conversion
- SQL Server: ‘date’ to ‘numeric’ conversion
- Teradata ‘FORMAT PHRASE’ conversion to HANA
NB: previously, SAP Advanced SQL Migration was called ‘Exodus’. It was renamed in 2017.
(if you have questions that cannot wait until the next blog post, contact your local SAP representative or Advanced_SQL_Migration@sap.com)
Vice President & Global Database Migration Lead
Platform Solutions Group, SAP Database & Technology