Hint: Please be aware of the newest update of the SAP Fiori deployment options document in April 2021. The changes are described in this blog post. The link below also leads to the newest version of the document.
First of all, the general recommendation regarding the SAP Fiori front-end server (FES) deployment has not changed with the release of SAP FES 6.0 on September 20th, 2019.
- Embedded deployment of SAP Fiori front-end server with SAP S/4HANA
- Hub deployment of SAP Fiori front-end server for SAP Business Suite systems.
With the release of the new SAP FES version, the document SAP Fiori Deployment Options and System Landscape Recommendations has been updated and enhanced with additional information.
The main changes are the following:
1. There is now a more detailed view on the relevant SAP S/4HANA software components and the upgrade options:
This graph shows for the embedded FES scenario, that each SAP S/4HANA release comes with an initial SAP FES version. This can be upgraded independently from the SAP S/4HANA software components. In the updated document there is an additional graph, which shows the software components in a standalone FES deployment (hub).
2. The Introduction as well as the Future Direction section about the central entry point on SAP Cloud Platform have been revised.
3. The section Further Information contains new SAP notes and blogs on SAP Fiori 3 and SAP Fiori Front-end server 6.0.
Following the embedded deployment recommendation, you may ask how to migrate from a standalone (hub) deployment to an embedded FES deployment in SAP S/4HANA. There is a brand-new technical step-by-step guide Moving from Standalone to Embedded Deployment in Fiori for SAP S/4HANA to support you.
For further information, see also:
- SAP Fiori launchpad – Deployment options and recommendations: Usage scenarios and detailed comparison of SAP Fiori launchpad on SAP NetWeaver ABAP, SAP Enterprise Portal and SAP Cloud Portal
- SAP Help Portal: Best Practices for Managing Launchpad Content