Yep, it’s true. If you missed it, SAP officially announced at TechEd in Barcelona that SAP® BusinessObjects™ Business Intelligence (BI) 4.3 does exist and is moving towards its beta release.
The 4.3 release represents the latest major release of the analytics industry’s leading platform for scalable enterprise reporting. SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 is designed to help enhance and build upon the mission-critical on-premise use cases that it supports today as well as to leverage its universes, documents, and assets in conjunction with the BI and predictive use case innovations provided by SAP Analytics Cloud.
In addition to providing maintenance support that runs through at least 2027, SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 expands and extends beyond the earlier SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 release in three key areas:
- Enhanced Hybrid capabilities: Provide a tighter integration between SAP BusinessObjects BI and SAP Analytics Cloud, including:
- Improved live connectivity between SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP BusinessObjects BI universes, and SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence documents
- Consumption of SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence data models with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Reuse of SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence documents to build new reports and assets
- Simplified single sign-on (SSO) configuration and user replication and synchronization across on-premise and cloud
- Improved integration with SAP Analytics Hub, allowing SAP BusinessObjects BI content to automatically appear as SAP Analytics Hub assets
- Improved User Experience: Harmonize the user experience and foster BI adoption with an experience similar to using the SAP Fiori® UX, including:
- New BI launchpad offering a modernized user experience with 100% functionality and compatibility with existing content and authorizations
- A single touch-ready HTML5 SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence client, removing the need for Java and presenting a rejuvenated user experience for use with the Web and desktop
- New SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence data model that enables reuse of existing Web Intelligence documents to build new reports, to create, and share business semantics, and associated results sets
- A new SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.3 mobile experience enabling “analytics on-the-go”, making every Web Intelligence document consumable from everywhere with a responsive UI that works on all devices
- Enterprise Readiness: Delivering enhanced ease of deployment and support for the latest industry standards, including:
- Updates to administrator tools like BI admin cockpit, monitoring, promotion management, and auditing functionalities
- Consolidation of tools like BI Admin cockpit, monitoring and visual difference into a single application
- Integration of the BI Admin console into the Central
- Improvements to installer, cache removal, deployment scenarios etc.
- New versions of data sources, applications and OS support
- Security enhancements including SAML 3.0, simplified SAML configuration and setup, and enhanced credential mapping
- Improved scheduling and publishing functionalities with new enhancements
- New enhancements into the Semantic Layer, notably when accessing SAP HANA, SAP BW and cloud data sources
Every customer’s journey to the cloud is different. Many organizations are operating in a mixed landscape with on-premise and cloud or multi-cloud technologies and data. With the new release of SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3, SAP supports customers with on-premise enhancements while enabling cloud interoperability, further enabling organizations to manage all types of analytics across their business.
The SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 beta program will begin in December 2019. Check out these opportunities to learn more:
- Join us for our BI 4.3 webinar, “Introducing SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 and the Ever-Evolving Analytics Marketplace” on December 3.
- Join us for our BI 4.3 “Ask the Experts” live Q&A session on December 6.
- Check out the video, “Tackling Hybrid Analytics with SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3” from SAP TechEd in Barcelona.
- To hear more about BI 4.3 and our new Statement of Direction, register for the upcoming #askSAP Analytics Community Call on Tuesday, October 29, 2019.
- For an in-depth look into SAP’s strategy for our SAP Analytics portfolio, check out the new SAP Analytics Statement of Direction.
- For more information and to be considered for participation in the SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.3 beta, e-mail our team at SAPBI43Beta@sap.com.