How to resolve error 403 – Forbidden when accessing HANA web-based development workbench
You already have a HANA database running in your SCP trial account.
In this blog post, I will discuss a common problem which a developer face when accessing HANA Web-based development workbench.
After creating a HANA DB instance, when you want to access the catalog to create, edit, execute or manage HANA DB artifacts, you might have come across an error as below.
If you face this error, then please follow these steps:
- Go to SAP HANA Cockpit link in SCP
2. Once you are successfully logged in, you will see this workbench menu, Go to Security
3. When prompted, enter user name as ‘SYSTEM’ and password which you provided at the time of creating new DB/Schema.
4. Add the following roles for user ‘SYSTEM’ and save
|Editor||Inspect, create, change, delete and activate SAP HANA repository objects||sap.hana.ide.roles::EditorDeveloper|
|Catalog||Create, edit, execute and manage SQL catalog artifacts in the SAP HANA database||sap.hana.ide.roles::CatalogDeveloper|
|Security||Create users and user roles||sap.hana.ide.roles::SecurityAdmin|
|Traces||View and download SAP HANA trace files and set trace levels||sap.hana.ide.roles::TraceViewer|
5. Now switch to ‘Catalog’ using the navigation link.
Once you have followed the steps mentioned in this blog post, you should be able to access the Catalog or Editor and manage HANA artifacts.
Hope this blog post was helpful to you!!