Integration of SAP S/4HANA Cloud with SAP Cloud Platform Master Data for Business Partners
Enterprise master data must be provided in a highly available, performant and elastically scalable way. A predefined deep integration is a key feature of Intelligent Enterprise. Our SAP cloud platform master data for business partner service provides uniform and efficient access to core Business Partner, Customer and Supplier master data both for applications that Integrate-with and for applications that are Build-on the SAP cloud platform.
The service provides easy access to data across the enterprise landscape. Below are the steps required to set up the integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SCP Master Data for business partners.
I. Creation of Communication User
- Log in to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system and ensure that you have the appropriate role assigned to your user to access the Communication Management tiles.
- Click Maintain Communication Users tile and click New. Provide a name for the Communication user and a password.
Note that this user will act as the communication user to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system. The Business Partners will also be created via this user.
- Click Save.
II. Creation of Business System
- Click Communication Systems tile.
- Provide System ID and System Name. While this can be any alphanumeric value, it is recommended that you set this value as the subdomain name of your tenant from which you have subscribed to SCP Master Data for business partners. Click Create.
- Navigate to the service keys of SCP Master Data for business partners instance and copy the hostname.
- Paste the hostname value in the Host Name field and provide value for the Logical System field. Additionally, ensure that the value for Business System and System ID are the same.
- In this step, we’ll add an inbound and outbound user to our Business System.Inbound:
Navigate to Users for Inbound Communication section and click on the Add button. Select the Communication user that was earlier created and click OK.
The outbound user will be used to communicate with the SCP Master Data for business partners. We’ll use basic authentication for this setup. The clientid from the service keys is the username and clientsecret is the password.
- Save the Business System.
III. Creation of Communication Arrangement
- Select the Communication Arrangements tile.
- Click New and select the scenario SAP_COM_0008.
- Choose the Business System that was created earlier
- Disable all the 5 Idocs interfaces.
- Change the service endpoints’ paths. Configure the below paths for the respective endpoints.Business Partner – Replicate from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to Client
Partner Relationship – Replicate from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to Client
Business Partner – Send Confirmation from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to Client
BP Relationship – Send Confirmation from SAP S/4HANA Cloud to Client
The value for identityzone is part of the service keys.
Provide a Replication Model Name. Set Replication mode as Change replication. If you want to replicate all the existing business partners from your SAP S/4HANA Cloud system to SCP Master Data for business partners you can set it to Initial replication.
Additionally, set output mode to Direct Output.
The Communication Arrangement setup is now complete. Save the Communication Arrangement.
In this blog post, we have covered information for configuration on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud side. The configuration necessary on SCP Master Data for business partners for the integration will be covered in the next part.