Data Migration Cockpit (DMC)
The SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit is an alternative to LSMW with more features and better control for Data Migration.
Introduction of Data Migration Cockpit was done in SAP S/4HANA Release 1610 in the On Premise Version.
Data migration cockpit facilitates the transfer of master data / business data from source system to SAP S/4 Hana system. The migration cockpit uses migration objects to identify and transfer the relevant data. It contains information about the relevant source and target structures as well as and the relationships between these structures. It also contains mapping information for the relevant fields, as well as any rules used to convert the values that are migrated from source fields to target fields. SAP provides standard predefined migration objects which are ready to use objects, we can alter these objects as well for our custom needs.
New Data Migration Tool for SAP S/4HANA Your SAP S/4HANA migration requirements
- Migrate data from non-SAP systems to SAP S/4HANA and from SAP systems to SAP S/4HANA
- Provide a comprehensive migration solution with no programming required by the customer
- Map data structures between source and target systems
- Easily integrate custom objects
- Reduce test effort
- Minimize downtime
- Make the migration solution auditable
Migration Cockpit empowers you with multiple features:
1 Mass upload of Data
2. Download the Template from the tool
3. Editing of Data in Upload Tool
4. Downloading Delta created automatically for failed records
5. Setup transformation instead of updating the conversions in file
6. Setup Event based / Field based rules for custom requirements
New Data Migration Tool for SAP S/4HANA SAP S/4HANA
Migration cockpit – Pre-configured migration content
- Pre-configured content and mapping for each migration object, e.g. G/L open items
- Predefined templates (Microsoft Excel XML files) for each object
- Automated mapping between template and target structure
- Migration programs are automatically generated – no programming required by the customer
- Available for private and public cloud and on-premise
SAP S/4HANA migration object modeler
- SAP S/4HANA migration object modeler – Part of the SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit
- Design functionality to easily integrate custom objects and enhancements
- Integration of newly created objects
- Custom objects
- SAP standard objects that are not yet in the scope of the SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit
- Customer-specific enhancements (e.g. add new fields) to SAP standard objects delivered with the SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit
- Available for on-premise and private cloud
Data Migration : Using Activate Methodology
Data Migration is managed with three Transactions:
LTMOM : Migration Object Modeler
LTMC : Migration Cockpit
MWB : Migration Workbench
It is more refined and powerful tool which comes with many standard predefined business objects. We can alter these standard business objects, as well we can create our custom objects. All these options are possible without involvement of technical consultant developments.
Disclaimer : Pictures used above are proprietary of SAP, Here it is used for better understanding.
However, how well is the product tested? Any reference implementations? How well does the product handle numeric input?
are customers allowed to use MWB?
As far as I know a customer need to require a license to use MWB.
what about customers conversion objects? We need special object types concerning RE-FX, for instance business entities, buildings, rental objects, rental contracts and so on. Are developer notes available to create objects like SIF_CUSTOMER?
For more information about SAP Data Management and Landscape Transformation (DMLT) see this page https://www.sap.com/services/implementation/data-mgmt-landscape-transformation.html or read the solution brief and the SAPPI Success Story. You can contact the global SAP DMLT team by email email@example.com. They provides services for Selective Data Transition, New Implementation and System Conversion that can also be delivered remotely.