Where to find the latest information on running a successful system conversion to SAP S/4HANA
The SAP S/4HANA Regional Implementation Group has been guiding customers on their journey to SAP S/4HANA since November 2015. Initially helping the first new SAP customers with their greenfield implementations, and over the past 2 years focusing more on helping existing customer to convert their existing systems to SAP S/4HANA.
The focus has been on the latest product versions and the most challenging projects to be able to keep improving the approach and share lessons learned with our ecosystem.
You may ask yourself what this means for you or your company and how you can access this information? There are 3 main ways open to you:
- Before you start your SAP S/4HANA project, ask for a free-of-charge RIG Architectural Guidance services.This is a 1-2 hour personalized discussion to get some lessons learned perspective on your most pressing concerns. This is helps you adjust you SAP S/4HANA project planning and preparation. You can ask for this as much as 1-2 years in advance of your project start.
- When you start your SAP S/4HANA project, apply to join the free-of-charge Customer Care program. The RIG will deliver personalized lessons learned workshops with you and your system implementation partner.
- Whenever you wish, join our free-of-charge openSAP course System Conversion to SAP S/4HANA.
If you are interested in RIG Architectural Guidance service or the Customer Care program, ask your SAP Account Executive for more information. We know we can only reach a small group of people via these types of personalized sessions, and that’s why we created the openSAP course.
While every customer journey is unique, there are common challenges nearly every project faces. We wanted to share what we have seen with a broader community, allowing our ecosystem to benefit from past projects and improve everyone’s journey. Last year’s openSAP course (System Conversion to SAP S/4HANA) showed us that there is a huge interest in this kind of knowledge.
So this year we decided to refresh the content of this course and listen to the feedback we received. One of the most frequent feedback requests was to split the course to better focus on technical and functional topics. So this year you can enrol in either or both of 2 new courses on System Conversion to SAP S/4HANA.
The technical new openSAP courses is starting NOW on Wednesday the 2nd of October 2019, “Key Technical Topics in a System Conversion to SAP S/4HANA”. Technical folks who are interested should join this course to learn about:
- the latest tools supporting a system conversion,
- how to manage the new user experience,
- the impact a move may have to analytics,
- and how to handle developments in SAP S/4HANA.
The second functional openSAP course “Key Functional Topics in a System Conversion to SAP S/4HANA” is now open for registration and will start on Wednesday the 6th of November 2019. This course targets project managers and functional consultants, explaining:
- the most important scope areas to be addressed during a project,
- looking into topics finance consultants need to be aware of,
- noting changes on the logistics side for logistics consultants
- and including a dedicated week on the business partner / Customer Vendor Integration topic.
Take the opportunity to learn from project experience and gain a record of achievement. SAP S/4HANA skills will become more important in the coming years and help you build the future as a consultant or company leveraging the latest technical platform and innovations.
Take advantage of the discussion forums asking your question and getting feedback while the course is running. One of the added values on signing up.
This is your opportunity!
For more information on SAP S/4HANA 1909, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA release info: com/s4hana
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA here
- Help Portal Product Page here
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA, or myself via @SDenecken