Automated Notes Search Tools (ANST) Configuration
Recently we tried to use ANST tool to search some relevant notes for our issue. Though my system was on NetWeaver 7.52 SPS4 (almost latest) it did not work.
I referred the standard Note 1818192 – FAQ: Automated Note Search Tool and I was able to fix the issue. However, the missing information was distributed in multiple notes which may initially confuse people as the Note corrections might already be in your system as part of support package stack, the manual steps is missing.
Also, required certificate information was missing. I thought of bringing the information together and hence my blog ?
ANST is available as of below Support packages
Software Component Release Package name
SAP Basis component
As of Release 740 ANST is available for All support packages
Required SAP Notes:
- 2361155 – ANST: Change user on start&stop functionality
- 2469123 – ANST: Remove identification of irrelevant SAP Notes
- 2286869 – ANST: Trace On/Off error “Dynamic Start and Stop cancelled by user” (Make sure that manual steps are also done, because even if the note is applied by Support package, the manual corrections have to be manually done anyway and are shown below)
- 2730525 – Consuming the Note Search Webservice
Request a Technical S-user from SAP Marketplace if you don’t have already. Please refer below Note:
2532813 – Information about the Technical Communication User
Note: You can use a normal S-User but I recommend technical user to prevent password issues.
Logical Port creation: Reference Note: 2730525
Step 1. Go to T-Code SOAMANAGER. Select option Web Service Configuration. Select Object Type as Consumer proxy and Object Name as CO_CLS_SCWN__SVT__SNO_ANST_SEA. In the Search Result, select the proxy with the same name.
Step 2. Click on Create-> Manual Configuration. Give name to your logical port & select it as Default port.
Note: Don’t forget to mention the logical port as Default.
Step 3. In Consumer Security tab, Select User ID/Password option and give your S-username or Technical Communication user & Password in the input fields.
Step 4. In Transport Settings (HTTP Settings), Define the URL components as below.
Step 5: SOAP Protocol : Leave Defaults
Step 6: Identifiable Business content: Leave Default
Step 7. In Operation Settings tab, select the checkbox “Use non-default value for SOAP Action” and add the below value in SOAP Action field:
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=”http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/” xmlns:urn=”urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style”>
Note: The layout of SOAMANAGER Logical port creation might differ based on your SAP NetWeaver release. In such cases, configure the URL components as below:
URL Access Path: /sap/bc/srt/rfc/svt/sno_anst_search_api/001/sno_anst_search_api_1/binding
Computer Name of Access URL: apps.support.sap.com
Port Number of Access URL: 443
URL Protocol Information: HTTPS
Step 8. Click Save/Finish.
Step 9: Set below profile parameters, Default profile recommended
Restart ICM for parameters to take effect.
Step 10: Import below certificates in STRUSTSSO2, SSL client (Anonymous)
DigiCert Global Root CA
https://www.digicert.com/digicert-root-certificates.htm -> DigiCert Global Root CA (https://dl.cacerts.digicert.com/DigiCertGlobalRootCA.crt)
DigiCert Global Root G2
https://www.digicert.com/digicert-root-certificates.htm -> DigiCert Global Root G2 (https://dl.cacerts.digicert.com/DigiCertGlobalRootG2.crt)
Reference Note: 2631190 – Download location of SSL certificates required for Support Hub Connectivity configuration
Step 11. Go Back to SOAMANAGER, Click Ping Web Service option. It should give RC=200 ping successful message.
File Path update: Reference Note: 2286869
1. Execute transaction “FILE”.
2. You will get the following message pop up: “Caution: The table is cross-client”: Choose to continue.
3. On the right hand side, select the logical file path “ANST_TRACES_GLOBAL”.
4. In the tree on the left hand side, double click on the folder “Assignment of Physical Paths to Logical Path”.
5. Check if syntax grp ‘UNIX’ and ‘WINDOWS NT’ are already available. If yes then check the entries as per described below and if it is required kindly overwrite them. If no kindly follow the below mentioned steps to create the new syntax grp.
6. FOR UNIX:
On top of the screen, in the toolbar, click on the button “New Entries”
Syntax group UNIX Unix compatible
Physical path /usr/sap/<SYSID>/<INSTANCE>/data/<FILENAME>
Click the “Save” button.
Click the “Back” button.
On top of the screen, in the toolbar, again click on the button “New Entries”
Syntax group WINDOWS NT Microsoft Windows NT
Physical path <F=ANST_ATRA_NAME>\usr\sap\<SYSID>\<INSTANCE>\data\<FILENAME> 7.
7. Click the “Save” button.
8. Click the “Back” button.
9. In the tree on the left hand side, double click on the folder “Logical File Name Definition, Cross-Client”.
10. On the right hand side, select the logical file “ANST_TRACES” and double click on it:
Log. File ANST_TRACES
Name <Leave blank>
Physical file <Leave blank>
Data format DIR
Logical path ANST_TRACES_GLOBAL
11. Click the “Save” button.
Now you can start using ANST transaction and find solutions to your problems.
Refer Note 1818192 FAQ: Automated Note Search Tool for various features of ANST.
Thanks for reading.
thanks you or your article
Great post. Thank you!
Great post! Can you provide clarity on steps 9 and 10 of Logical Port creation: Reference Note: 2730525?