The most promising feature I saw in 1909 with quick value realization is “Advanced Intercompany Reconciliation Process” introduced by SAP S/4HANA 1909.
There was no best practice scope item earlier, whereas in 1909, scope item “Intercompany Reconciliation Process” (40Y) has been introduced. Link to Scope Item: https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/browse/scopeitemversions/40Y/S4HANA/1909/XX
This has significantly changed and advanced the ICR process with many out of box fiori applications for reconciliation and monitoring.
There is a video Link showing how to use the ICR solution, from running document matching, checking matching results, making and approving adjustment postings, to viewing reconciliation reports and drilling through to their matching items and original documents.
The solution comes with the following key features:
- Flexible matching and reconciliation rule definition
- High visibility on your reconciliation process
- User-friendly Fiori apps to manage your matching assignments on aggregation or line item level
- In-app communication and workflow
- Possibility to enable automatic discrepancy adjustment
- Real-time reconciliation
- High performance on matching and reconciliation
- Supports user-defined organizational dimensions for matching and reconciliation
Also read more about this new functionality in the below link:
Certainly, this is tackling overdue challenges in ICR process handling in ECC and S/4HANA as standard out of box solution.