Translated UI Labels to Support Local Language Flavors
This blog post describes a sample business scenario to create a translated UI label for a custom field, and how such an extension is possible on SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
For example, your company has implemented a custom field on the SAP S/4HANA system, and the implementation was in English. The organization has a presence in Germany, which necessitates that the UI label of the custom field is also available in German.
Note: For the translated UI labels, you can select a language from the standard set of translation languages that are available on SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Information provided in this document is as per the features available on SAP S/4HANA Cloud release 1905. There might be variations to screen and field names in other release versions.
You have administrative access to SAP S/4HANA Cloud and have implementation experience on the system.
|Business Role||Business Role ID|
Implementation of the Extension
- Create a new Custom Field using the Custom Fields and Logic app.
- Open the newly created custom field in an edit mode.
- Choose Translate under General Information.
- Enter the UI field label in the required language.
- Save and Publish the custom field with its translated version of the UI label.
- Log into SAP S/4HANA Cloud, in the language in which you have the translated UI label.
- Check for the translated custom field on the user interface in which the translated UI label was created. If the translation is visible, the translation has been done successfully.
Hmm, sounds good, I'll have to try it.
By this principle, I saw one text translation utility, it is very intuitive for novice users https://www.smartcat.ai/blog/what-is-a-cat-tool/ , and which does a good job of it. Therefore, I think it can be used as a basis for understanding the principle.
Thank you this is very useful. Steve Born, thank you for a very useful link. Indeed, everything is very clear and the functionality is huge.
Pandemic stimulated the development of online business
We have a requirement to comply with local legislation. We need to provide a finance solution which has English and a another equal primary language requirement. However, the second language is currently not provided at all as part of the S4HC language packs.
What is the best approach? Could we translate all language objects in S4HC as part of the localisation?