Recounting Valuable ALM Info Exchanges at DSAG Conference
When the German-speaking SAP User Group (Deutschsprachige SAP-Anwendergruppe, DSAG) opened its conference doors this September, a team of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) experts were waiting there in the Nuremberg convention center. They were waiting to answer questions and present SAP Solution Manager technology. This year, due to an Ask the Customer session and other user-driven interactive sessions, ALM experts also ended up taking away valuable information from ALM customers.
DSAG’s 2019 conference demonstrated active user-to-user information sharing under the theme: And Action! Making Digitalization Stick. Users examined how to optimize ALM tools for their on-premise or cloud-centric strategies in increasingly-digital markets. They shared experiences of current challenges.
See Main Events Scheduled Under the Topic: SAP Solution Manager
With a DSAG login, you can still access these conference presentations (in German):
- Application Lifecycle Management keynote
- Presenters: Tim Steuer, David Birkenbach, SAP
- Experience report: Implementation and Use of Focused Build
- BKW Energie AG discussed their experience introducing Focused Build for SAP Solution Manager, as they upgraded from SAP Solution Manager 7.1
- Solution Documentation – Single Source of Truth
- Würth IT discussed how they continue to leverage SAP Solution Manager 7.2 for integrated systems for employees stationed worldwide.
See Additional Highlights: 3 Interactive Sessions Featuring ALM Topics
1) The Customer Live Influencing session functioned in effect to transport users to an SAP headquarters meeting room full of innovative and caffeinated developers. Users got to share how they would improve functions in Process Management, Test Management, or Change and Release Management. In front of the group session audience, ALM experts brainstormed with users and shaped ideas into practical solutions. Much more than just another fun conference activity, this session supported the actual ongoing success of the SAP Customer Connection program. Here are customer-initiated improvement requests delivered so far in 2019:
- Delivered Requests: Process Management 2019 in SAP Solution Manager (in English)
- Delivered Requests: Test Suite 2019 in SAP Solution Manager (in English)
- Delivered Requests: Change and Release Management 2019 in SAP Solution Manager (in English)
In addition, hear more about customer-initiated improvement requests and other topics via this SAP Solution Manager video update (in German), recorded from the DSAG conference floor.
2) The Usability Test Center featured Business Process Monitoring as part of SAP Cloud ALM. Current cloud-centric users in particular expressed enthusiasm to test a Business Process Monitoring application still currently under development.
With each 1-hour deep-dive session, users and observers experienced working through a variety of practical use cases.
- Get the latest news on SAP Cloud ALM. Check out this short video (in English), recorded at DSAG’s 2019 conference.
3) The sold-out S/4HANA MOVE Tour reflected an active and growing DSAG network, according to statistics taken from 2019 DSAG Annual Congress data (in German).
Attendees for the various time slots visited conference floor information booths to gather SAP S/4HANA information. At the Focused Build for Solution Manager booth, users learned how preconfigured options support SAP S/4HANA implementation projects. Check out this SAP S/4HANA Movement presentation (in English).
From all this, it seems the value of attending a conference with ALM experts is not limited to the information the experts present. Value also comes from participants and, as follows, shapes future developments. That’s why we’re also looking forward to Europe’s next major event featuring ALM topics: SAP Solution Manager Education Summit in Heidelberg, December 3-6 (event language: English).