Create a New Withholding Tax Report using Advanced Compliance Reporting
This blog post describes how to create a new withholding tax report on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud using Advanced Compliance Reporting.
For example, you wish to create a withholding tax (WHT) report for a country, for which it is not available as a part of the standard delivery.
- The new report definition must use existing data sources such as BRF+ functions, data base tables and CDS views.
- Schema can be created using the XSD files provided by the authorities, a CDS view or a custom business object which meets the requirement. However, you can only use the fields available in the data source (point 1) for mapping.
You have administrative access to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and implementation experience on the system. You are also familiar with the implementation of Advanced Compliance Reporting on SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
|Business Role||Business Role ID|
|Administrator .||SAP _ BR _ ADMINISTRATOR|
|Configuration Expert – Business Process Configuration||SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT .|
Implementation of the new report is across the following apps and configuration steps (SSCUI), and these are available on the SAP FIORI dashboard.
- Define Compliance Reports app (Define compliance reports)
- Set up Compliance Reports (Setting up your compliance reports)
- Run Compliance Reports app (Run compliance Reports)
In the Define Compliance Reports app, parameters are added to the report definition. The report definition is then assigned to a reporting activity, which is in turn assigned to a report category. The parameters help the system identify the data for the output of a specific report. You enter the values of the parameters to enable the system to create a complete and correct output document.
Key implementation Considerations
Define Compliance Report app
|Report Definition .||
Run Compliance app
Implementation of the Run Compliance app is as per standard guidelines.
To know more about the various features available in the Run Advanced Compliance Reports app, see a series of blog under Run Compliance Reports.