This blog post describes how to create a new VAT report on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud using Advanced Compliance Reporting.
For example, create a VAT report for a country for which, the report is not available as part of the standard delivery. You can create the report as an extension of the generic VAT report available in the standard systems or as a copy in case of larger changes. We recommend that the generic VAT report is extended only if you require data that is not a part of the generic VAT report output.
Information provided in this blog is as per features available on SAP S/4HANA Cloud release 1905. There might be slight variations to screen and field names in other release versions.
Caution: Updates to the standard SAP reports may impact the extended reports and the reports could require adaptations at the customer end.
- The new report definition must use existing data sources such as BRF+ functions, data base tables and CDS views. You can only use the data sources that are already available in the system.
- Schema can be created using the XSD files provided by the authorities, CDS view or custom business object which meets the requirement. However, you can only use the fields that are available in the data source (point 1) for mapping.
You have administrative access to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and implementation experience on the system. You are also familiar with the implementation of Advanced Compliance Reporting on SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
|Business Role||Business Role ID|
|Administrator .||SAP_BR_ ADMINISTRATOR .|
|Configuration Expert – Business Process Configuration||SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT|
Implementation is across the following apps and configuration steps, and they are accessible via the SAP FIORI dashboard:
- Define Compliance Reports app to create a new compliance report or extend an existing report. As a part of the process to define a compliance report, you can assign manage tax items and tax payable posting activities. These are of relevance for VAT reporting.
- Set up Compliance Reports to establish a connection between the reporting entity and reporting objects configured using the Define Compliance app.
- Custom Tiles and setting up of the Generic Business Catalog to display your country specific tile on the FIORI launchpad, and to create business roles.
- Set up Tax Box Mapping to maintain the tax box structure in case the report is being created for a country that requires the mapping of the tax groups. See About Configuring your Solution.
- Run Compliance Reports app to generate the legal documents as per country requirements.