BW plays pivotal role in Trade management solution. Various planning DSOs, standard DSOs, Query layouts and planning functions are used in processing, storing and displaying data in TM web UI. This document gives insights about important SAP BW DSOs used in TM solution, their purpose and flow of data among them.
What is SAP Trade Management?
SAP trade management helps CPG companies to plan their sales and manage their trade promotions. SAP TM software component comes with two major products below
- SAP Customer Business Plan (CBP) – Used to create sales plan for CPG company customers. Base line data will be planned in CBP.
- SAP Trade Promotion Planning and Management (TPPM) – This is used to create and manage life cycle of trade promotions
Important DSOs in BW
Data from CBP UI and TPPM UI is stored in SAP BW DSOs. Data is also retrieved from these DSOs and displayed on UI. Major DSOs below are used in TM 3.0 solution
- /JBPB/TINTA – This DSO holds the Actuals internal source sales data like sell in volumes (CPG or FMCG company sales to various retailers) this is generally billing document data extracted from ECC.
Example: CPG Company like Nike sales data to its various retailers like Walmart, Tesco etc. is internal source data and is stored in DSO /JBPB/TINTA
2. /JBPB/TEXTA – This DSO holds the external source data like sell out volume (Retailer sales to end customer). This is generally POS data and usually will be a flat file source.
Example: Retailer like Walmart sales date to end consumers is external source data and is stored in DSO /JBPB/TEXTA
- /JBPB/ILOTE – All customer business plan (CBP) data is stored in this DSO. CBP plan data in CBP UI is retrieved from this DSO through UI layout queries and displayed in UI. Changes made to input enabled key figures in CBP UI will be stored in this DSO. Also actuals data from DSOs /JBPB/TINTA and /JBPB/TEXTA will be loaded into this DSO. We will discuss more on actualization part in later part of this blog.
- /JBPB/DTP – All the detailed trade promotions created in TPPM UI layout will be stored in this DSO. Existing detailed trade promotions data will be read from this DSO through UI layout queries.
- /JBPB/DP – Draft promotions created in TPPM UI layout will be stored in this DSO.
- /JBPB/IPST – This DSO stores draft and detailed promotion data and acts as intermediate between /JBPB/ILOTE and /JBPB/DTP or /JBPB/DP in rolling up promotion data to plan.
Data flow among these DSOs is divided into two parts.
- Flow of planned Data between /JBPB/ILOTE and other planning DSOs ( /JBPB/DTP, JBPB/DP, /JBPB/IPST)
When a promotion is created in TPPM UI layout, promotion data will be stored into /JBPB/DTP if it is a detailed trade promotion and /JBPB/DP if it is a draft trade promotion. When an existing promotion is opened in TPPM UI layout, data related to this promotion is read from either /JBPB/DTP or /JBPB/DP based on the promotion type and displayed in TPPM UI. Any changes made to the promotion will be saved in the respective DSOs /JBPB/DTP or /JBPB/DP.
CBP data is stored in /JBPB/ILOTE and Trade promotion data in /JBPB/DTP or /JBPB/DP. Planned Baselines will flow from CBP to TPPM at the time of creating a promotion. National Account Managers (NAMs) can use this baseline values and plan for uplifts target on top of baseline. For example, baseline volume for a particular week is 100 units and NAM wants to target 25% increase in this week through a promotion then uplift will be 25 units. Once this promotion is created with uplift volume, it will flow to CBP and total volume will become 125 units.
2. Flow of actuals data to /JBPB/ILOTE from other actuals DSOs ( /JBPB/TINTA and /JBPB/TEXTA)
Actuals data from /JBPB/TINTA (Internal Source data as explained earlier) and /JBPB/TEXTA (External source data) will be copied into /JBPB/ILOTE on weekly basis replacing planned values with actual values.
Generally actualization will be on a weekly basis wherein actuals past week data is copied from /JBPB/TINTA to /JBPB/ILOTE on begin of new week. Let us consider the example above. As in the example, current week is week 22. Week 21 is just completed and week 22 has begun on Monday. Actualization will happen by executing a planning function (SAP delivered planning function is /JBPB/FUN_AILOTE4_26). Generally, custom planning function can be built to actualize periodically by scheduling the planning function to execute through process chain. Before the actualization planning function is executed, /JBPB/ILOTE is actualized till week 20. Week 21 value will be actualized in /JBPB/ILOTE replacing planned value 100 with actual value 90 when actualization planning function is executed on week 22. CBP will show planned values for current and future weeks where as it shows actual values for past weeks.
It is important to know the flow of data among these DSOs which are major building blocks of SAP Trade Management solution. This document helps you to know about Important BW DSOs used in building SAP TM solution and back end actuals and planning data repository of SAP TM application. Hope you had a great learning.