It’s great to head again to SAP Teched in Las-Vegas, share latest product updates and meet face-to-face so many people I am working with virtually along the year.
So, what are the highlights this year in the area of Portal, Fiori launchpad and UX Integration?
- Availability on SAP Cloud Platform Multi-Cloud: at SAP TechEd this year we gave special attention to allow you to explore, learn and get hands-on experience how to build portal sites on SAP Cloud Platform on Multi-Cloud (e.g. SCP on AWS). We have multiple lectures and hands-on sessions allowing you to get started with this topic. For me, the highlights are UX262 (hands-on session which will take you through the basic steps how to enable and configure portal and Fiori launchpad sites on SCP on Multi-Cloud) and the tutorials on the show-floor which will allow you to build your first Portal site.
- SAP Fiori launchpad: SAP Fiori launchpad on SCP (delivered via the SAP Cloud Platform Portal service) is evolving quickly. Two highlights I would like to talk about are: first, the gradual availability of SAP Fiori 3 design, and secondly, the consumption of remote content (e.g. SAPUI5 apps and classic UIs running on back-end / FES) in the launchpad. You may have heard about the concept of central Fiori launchpad – this is exactly what I am referring to here. Join the Fiori launchpad session UX203 and the Portal roadmap session (UX822) to learn more about what is available, what is planned and why this topic is so important for you, to deliver a consistent and simple User Experience for you users.
- Trial: it is very important for us that each one of you can get started quickly and easily with the new capabilities delivered with the Portal. Enabling a trial environment is the core of this, but not the end state. We created end-to-end tutorials for building your first portal site, YouTube playlist with step-by-step videos how to enable and configure the portal service (we will add more videos as we go, so stay tuned), and finally a comprehensive guide taking you into the details of developing Fiori apps on SAP Cloud Platform on Multi-Cloud, and integrating into the launchpad. A lot of new content is available for you for learning. And… bookmark on your browser the (renewed) community page & subscribe to the Portal Newsletter, to get the latest updates all over the year.
- Roadmap: For a consistence and simple UX, it is key to have a solid portal strategy. I highly recommend you to review the updated SAP Portals roadmap, SAP Portal Deployment Options paper and join the SAP Portals roadmap session (UX8222) to learn about what is planned in our upcoming releases & ask any question.
- Final word: if you are an SAP partner and would like to start working with us even more closely, please reach out to Itay Zur or myself onsite to get more details about our planned partners focus enablement sessions. You can also contact Iris Sasson during or after the event to get all the details and latest info.
Wishing you all the BEST SAP TechEd and if you have any question or would like to meet, feel free to ping me on twitter.