Configure Technical Address of SAPUI5/SAP Fiori Field using Technical Trace functionality
Technical Trace report is used to store the Technical Trace Entries for UI fields. It is used to track the users who have accessed certain fields that are configured. It is also used to delete the technical trace entries.
This report can be used to activate and deactivate the user for storing the technical trace for UI fields. This report can also be used to map logical attributes to UI fields.
Configuration of Logical Attribute for all UI channels are supported, except SAP GUI.
Product “UI data protection masking for SAP S/4HANA” is used in this scenario to protect sensitive data at field level and must be installed in the S/4HANA system.
The product is a cross-application product which can be used to mask/protect any field in SAP GUI, SAPUI5/SAP Fiori, CRM Web Client UI, and Web Dynpro ABAP.
Following configurations must be done before executing the Technical Trace report –
Maintain Flag: Technical Trace for UI Fields
Follow the given path
SPRO -> SAP NetWeaver -> UI Data Protection Masking for SAP S/4HANA -> Enable UI Data Protection Masking -> Maintain Flag: Technical Trace for UI fields
- “Enable Technical Trace” flag must be checked
Maintain RFC Destinations
Follow the given path
SPRO -> SAP NetWeaver -> UI Data Protection Masking for SAP S/4HANA -> Enable UI Data Protection Masking -> Maintain RFC Destinations
- “RFC to Test Client” field value must be specified. This field expects the “RFC Destination of Test Client in Development System”. This RFC will be used by UI Data protection masking Technical Trace Application.
Execute the Technical Trace Transaction
- Execute T-Code “/N/UISM/TTRACE”. “Store Technical Trace for UI fields” screen will be displayed.
Activate Technical Trace
- Click on “Activate Trace” button, provide the “User Name”, “Timeout Period in minutes” and check “Value to be stored?” check-box and click on “OK” button.
- User: User for which store the technical trace for UI fields entries.
- Timeout (in Mins): User activation timeout period in minutes.
- Value to be stored: Need to store the value or not.
- Technical Trace report will get activated for the user and “Status” will change to “Active”.
Launch the application
- Once Technical Trace for the user is activated, launch the application for which Technical Trace need to be captured. In this blog post, we are taking example of SAPUI5/SAP Fiori application “Supplier Master”. Click on the “Supplier Master” app tile to launch the application.
View Technical Trace
- Select the User for which you want to view the Technical Trace data and click on “View Technical Trace” button.
- Provide the Selection Criteria in order to view the Technical Trace Data and click on “Execute” button
- View Technical Trace Data based on the Channel (GUI, GUI Dynpro, Web Dynpro, Web Client UI, UI5). Based on the selection criteria, the system displays a list of entries.
Assign Logical Attribute
- Select the entry for which you want to configure the Logical Attribute and click on “Assign Logical Attribute” button.
- Enter Logical Attribute name and select one of the option (i.e. Technical Address or Data Element) based on which you want to configure the Logical Attribute and click on “OK” button.
- Success message will be shown if Logical Attribute is successfully assigned and assigned Logical Attribute will be displayed next to the Field ID on which it has been assigned.
- Also, mapping of Logical Attribute with Technical Address can also be seen in “UI5/Fiori NetWeaver Gateway Field Mapping” section under “Maintain Technical Address”.
In this blog post, we have learnt how to use Technical Trace report in order to map Logical Attributes with Technical Address in SAPUI5/SAP Fiori application.