How to Achieve YTD/QTD/MTD-based Analysis with Extensibility Tools
In SAP S/4HANA Cloud, YTD/QTD/MTD information is useful for analyzing business trends or comparing performance data, such as quotations, customer returns and sales volume.
- YTD: Year-to-Date (from January 1 of this year to current date)
- QTD: Quarter-to-Date (From beginning date of the current quarter to current date)
- MTD: Month-to-Date (From beginning date of the current month to current date)
YTD/QTD/MTD information is useful for analyzing business trends or comparing performance data, such as Quotations, Customer returns and Sales Volume.
This article describes related customer CDS using Extensibility tools. Based on such customer CDS, users can analyze business data by YTD/QTD/MTD in customer query. The basic idea is to create a custom cube view with a start-date parameter, and associate this parameter with the data source’s date field, such as the billing document date. Then you can consume the new cube to create a custom analytical query. The start-date parameter can be YTD, QTD, or MTD based.
Let’s take analyzing sales volume for the current year (by YTD) as an example.
The following two Extensibility tools are used, based on the business role: “SAP_BR_ANALYTICS_SPECIALIST”.
Create Customer Cube view (Custom CDS Views).
1. Create a custom CDS view, Add I_BillingDocumentItemCube as the primary data source.
Note: we need to set the view as analytical cube, since we will consume it in customer query.
2. Select desired fields from the data source cube, Billing Document Date should be selected.
3. Add a Parameter for the Key Date function.
4. Connect the key date with Billing Document Date in Filter Formula.
5. Save and publish.
Create Custom Query view (Custom Analytical Queries).
1. Create a Custom analytical Query base on the created cube view.
2. Set the P_StartDate as the Key Date.
3. Set First day of the current year as default Value for P_StartDate.
4. Preview the query result, The start date is filled automatically with the first day of the current year, and will display the analytical results of the current year are displayed.