In the first part, we create a model in SAP Analytics Cloud and we also created a table for the Currency Conversion containing the conversation rates.
In the next few steps we will create a very simple story with a table to validate, that the currency translation is working.
- Navigate to the Home menu in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Select the menu Create Story.
- Select the option Add a Canvas Page.
- Select the option to add a Table.
- When being asked for a model, select the option Select an Existing Model.
- Click Select Other model.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the model.
- Click on the model name for the Currency Translation.
- You will receive an empty table and on the right-hand side a Builder Panel.
Figure 1: Builder Panel
- Click Add Measures / Dimensions in the Rows section.
- Select dimension Country.
Figure 2: Table
- You receive a table displaying all the values in USD, because we configured USD to be the default currency.
- Make sure you select the table.
- In the Builder Panel navigate to the Filters area.
Figure 3: Filters
- Click on the filter for Cross Calculations.
Figure 4: Filter for Cross Calculation
- Select the value Currency.
- Click OK.
Figure 5: Table
- Your table should now show the values for the column Order Value in three different currencies.
In the previous steps we created a model with data from multiple source currencies, configured the currency translation table, and validated the currency translation by creating a quick story.
I hope that this quick example helped to understand how you can leverage the Currency Conversion in SAP Analytics Cloud.