Legal disclaimer applies
Anything in the future is subject to change
Start with data
3 steps, connect to data, clean data, explore/analyze, predict
Focus is on connectivity
Different connectivity possibilities
SAP or non SAP source
Connect live (leave where is) or acquire to SAC data storage
For SAP sources, use best in class, use optimized protocols, understand metadata
Data integration in SAC – live and data import
Import connection – data acquired to cloud, replicated, can schedule replication – connect to cloud or on premise
Benefit of data import, SAC can do transformations and data prep steps
Live – transaction data not loaded, not leave company network, process is performed on back end
Live – data is not replicated – can connect to cloud or on-premise
Live – authorizations are used from the backend
Data is safe behind firewall
Can directly consume queries, no replication
How does this work?
For live, business user in front of device, running Chrome, opens SAC, 1 request to SAC, another to source – could be BW/HANA/S/4HANA – metadata / data rendered in browser
Processing is pushed into back end system
Result set back to user
Metadata is fully encrypted
CORS – cross origin resource sharing – direct sharing without additional devices in between
Browser connects SAC with IDP as well
For example, have HANA views, connect to them, decide use SAC, can connect to those HANA views using CORS in a live scenario – create model in SAC, and go into data exploration and give to business users for self service dashboards
Overview of data sources supported
Best in class with SAP data sources
Import – more data sources to come, 3rd party data sources
Partners deliver their connectors
Can use both live/import
Import connection to HANA data
Need cloud connector & cloud agent set up
Working to support up to 150 cloud data sources (planned)
Quickly roll out more connectors
Use SCP open connectors – Amazon S3, MS One Drive, etc
Enable open connector service
Push data into S/4HANA asynchronously
Run in background and continue SAC work
Export – more than 1M of fact data
Increase import file size limitations – 2GB for CSV
Plan to increase those limitations
For BW live only, introduce Data Analyzer – predefined pivot table analysis
Restricted to BW live queries
Plan for different data sources in live scenarios
Can be launched without creating an SAC model
Plan for Q4
Beta program for revamped data wrangling experience
Actions can be done in seconds
Navigate between story and data
Model as needed
Plan to export data files hourly
Share file server connections
Close gap between imported and live connections for BW – calculate grand total support for BW Live connection
Problem with compounded characteristics with live connection to BW query, id char. is compounded with other, eg. G/L Account is compounded with Chart of Accounts in SAC we see account with CoA prefix eg. COAC/12345678 instead of simply account 12345678. Possible to display only account in this case? This is not single case, compounding is widely used within different characteristics in BW.
- We have this request already on our list and will evaluate it. However, currently it is not on our roadmap.
I suppose MetaData from BW will be read in coming releases, like favourites, roles, InfoAreas, correct?
- No plans yet.
Compact display works even if totals are no shown? Analysis for office requires us to show totals first and then allow us to compact display (rows and columns )
- Compact displays works with hidden and shown totals.
Can we see BW refresh time and date details when we create models?
- You will see this information when working with the Data Analyzer in SAC. However, when creating a model in SAC we do not offer this information as of today.
Does BW group servers supported for acquired connection? At present acquired connection allows application servers only. Having message / group server will help load balancing.
- BW group servers is currently not supported.
what is the roadmap for businessobjects connections
How soon can the data be refreshed into SAC using an import connection? Is it seconds, minutes or hours?
- We support a refresh cycle of hours as of today.
can i show data from 2 different BW queries in the same SAC story with a Live connection? i don’t need to blend the data.
One link on last page is not working: could you correct the file for download, please:
- Corrected it and attached the new pdf to this mail. @Tammy Powlas please exchange the pdfs.
Successfactors has different fields , some are string , text and some are picklist type.. When creating a query, the picklist type fields are not visible(available) in the query option.
- Please get in touch with the your Successfactors first contact to clarify on this.
When will it be possible to save the work done with the DataAnalyzer in a story?
- We have this on our roadmap, but no timeline yet. It is currently targeted for H2 2020.
Will the S/4-Live-Connection be improved as well? (Regarding variances, date dimensions,…)
- In general yes. But please check the following Note: 2715030 – Considerations when using SAP BW and SAP S/4HANA Live Connections in SAC
Does it work well with MANDATORY BEx variables?
- Yes, for your reference: https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/ba7ee8dc6dcd4069b210ec712be52a31.html
Can we see Display attributes from BW live queries in SAC models?
- Attributes can be displayed in Table visualizations. Chart visualizations do not support Attribute display. For your reference: https://help.sap.com/viewer/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/release/en-US/ba7ee8dc6dcd4069b210ec712be52a31.html
Is SAP Ariba planned to have a acquired/import data connection? If so, when? I do not see it on slide #14.
not supported now; plan, cannot give date
Slides are here
- Recap SAP Analytics Cloud overview- 3:30
- Different connection types- 9:15
- Latest Highlights / Roadmap Outlook- 19:30
- Demo- 27:00
- Q+A- 48:45