How to leverage industry experience and knowledge for your technical support questions
My name is Tod Keiffer and I work in the Customer Experience team for SAP One Support. I’ve worked on bringing this concept to reality for the past four years. I’ve worked with some incredibly talented customers throughout my years here at SAP. A commonality these customers share is the desire to share their knowledge and experience with SAP and with user-base across SAP. The goal of this project is to tap into that industry expertise and leverage knowledge sharing through a simple platform where software administrators can collaborate on technical, product-related questions through one-on-one interactions with a qualified and approved experts outside of SAP.
Listen to the free webinar replay:
New Product Support Channel: ‘Ask an Expert Peer’ for SAP SuccessFactors
In our quest to continuously improve the overall support experience at SAP and leverage the latest technology and trends in the industry, we are proud to announce that Ask an Expert Peer is now an official and permanent channel of the Next-Generation Support approach. At first, this service will only be available to SAP SuccessFactors Solutions, but more product areas will be added soon.
When you submit a question to Ask an Expert Peer, a qualified and approved external expert works with you in a private conversation to resolve your issue through chat in real-time.
We found in our pilots that Ask an Expert Peer was very effective at providing customers quick and accurate solutions to questions. In fact, most of the questions were responded to by experts within 8 minutes and resolved within 24 hours. The questions that are a great fit for this technical channel are:
- Technical, product-related questions
- Low to medium priority questions
- Issues / questions that could benefit from an industry-experienced perspective
What SuccessFactors product areas can I submit question to using Ask an Expert Peer?
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning (LMS) Module
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
- SAP SuccessFactors WFA & Reporting
- SAP SuccessFactors Compensation
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite Platform Technologies
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance and Goals
- SAP SuccessFactors Succession and Development
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance and Goals Skill Assessment
How does this work?
When you submit a question to this channel, questions are routed to experts mapped to the product area you selected and a private chat (or email if you prefer) correspondence begins.
How can I access Ask an Expert Peer?
- Access and log into the SAP Support Portal. You must log into the SAP Support Portal in order to see the access point for Ask an Expert Peer.
- Once logged in, click on the Ask an Expert Peer tab
- You can submit questions using the Ask an Expert Peer chat widget (Ask an Expert Peer Now) OR you can submit questions using HTML submission from the Ask an Expert Peer portal page.
- You must accept the terms of agreement before you can use the widget:
- Select your product area and ask your question. Note that your name and email address will populate automatically from the information you have set up for your s-user ID.
- When you send your questions to experts, you will immediately see when one or more experts respond.
- If you close the widget, you will see a floating bubble on the home page of the SAP Support portal. This bubble will notify you if there is a response.
- When you receive one or more responses, you can manage the different conversations using the widget. In this example there are 3 ongoing private conversations going on with experts.
- You will also receive an email notification that a question has been answered:
- When you correspond with the experts, you can either accept an answer or you have the option to route your question back to SAP and close the question out in Ask an Expert Peer.
Ask an Expert Peer is a new channel in the Next-Generation Support offering and we are working on adding this service into the SAP ONE Support Launchpad experience. Until this technical integration is complete, Ask an Expert Peer will only be accessible from the homepage of the SAP Support Portal and through a SAP Support Launchpad tile. If you desire to use a Launchpad tile, you will need to add the tile from the Launchpad library.
Want to learn more?
SAP is hosting a free webinar on Ask an Expert Peer. Join the session and discover the concept and benefits of this new support channel. Learn how it can help you for implementing and operating your SAP SuccessFactors Solutions.
- September 17, 2019 – 16.00 pm (CET), New Product Support channel: Ask an Expert Peer