What Would You Build? SAP HANA + AWS SageMaker Challenge
In my role at SAP I am very fortunate to work with some of the brightest developers in the world—internal to SAP, at our customers, and with our technology partners. So I am so excited to share that Code Project is running a Cloud AI Challenge with SAP HANA and AWS SageMaker so you (aforementioned brilliant developers) can show off your innovation chops and earn great prizes!
SAP’s partnership with AWS let’s our customers:
- enjoy the flexibility and elasticity inherent to the cloud
- reduce admin overhead with managed offerings (i.e. you can focus on fun stuff) like SAP Cloud Platform, SAP HANA service
- benefit from deploying SAP HANA to a local AWS data centre
- and they can get started for FREE with SAP HANA, express edition (without even needing to buy hardware)
But where it gets really exciting is the ability to build applications on SAP HANA using the developer services on AWS.
SAP HANA is unique in market for it’s ability to handle multi-model data (i.e. graph, spatial, text and semi-structured data in addition to traditional, relational, data) and perform analytics on live transactions. Plus the ability to store data in-memory and connect virtually to remote data sources gives you the ability to optimize cost and performance for your applications.
We partnered with AWS in this challenge to show how AWS SageMaker can help you build amazing AI applications, powered by SAP HANA.
The challenge has three parts:
- A quick survey
- A tutorial on SAP HANA—this only takes about an hour and the first 100 who successfully complete the tutorial will win $50 in AWS credits
- A proposal on what you would build using these solutions with AWS credits prizes for:
- Most unique idea using an existing application – $2,500
- Most innovative idea using something in a new way – $2,500
- Most innovative integration – $2,500
- Most innovative cause for good – $2,500
It is said that necessity is the mother of invention. Will you solve an issue you already have? Or a problem no one has thought of yet? Either way I can’t wait to hear how SAP HANA and AWS SageMaker will help you do it!