If you’re using this GitLab as your CI/CD process for deploying apps to your ABAP Front-end server like in this blog: https://blogs.sap.com/2018/08/01/ci-cd-for-sapui5-on-abap-with-gitlab/ . You could consider upgrading your CI/CD to the new UI5 Tooling.
Assuming that you have GitLab and you are using it like in that blog, you only need to migrate your UI5 project with the new UI5 Tooling. Start migrating your app to the new UI5 Tooling by following this blog: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/08/30/migrate-ui5-apps-to-ui5-tooling-in-your-local-ide
Now, it’s very easy to upgrade your CI/CD process.
Just add/change the “.gitlab-ci.yml” file to the following:
It will still use the same steps:
- Init step will run npm install and load all the dependencies to build your app
- Validation step will run eslint to do some basic checks
- Build will run the build process using the new UI5 tools
- Deploy will deploy the app to your backend system.
- This step is also done in this blog: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/08/30/migrate-ui5-apps-to-ui5-tooling-in-your-local-ide/
- It requires you to change the deploy command in the package.json to use parameters (watch the $ sign):
"deploy": "npx nwabap upload --base ./dist --conn_server \"$ABAP_DEVELOPMENT_SERVER_HOST\" --conn_user \"$ABAP_DEVELOPMENT_USER\" --conn_password \"$ABAP_DEVELOPMENT_PASSWORD\" --abap_package \"$ABAP_PACKAGE\" --abap_bsp \"$ABAP_APPLICATION_NAME\" --abap_bsp_text \"$ABAP_APPLICATION_DESC\" --abap_transport \"$CI_COMMIT_TITLE\"",
- Define the parameters in GitLab