SAP C/4HANA Foundation was launched to all customers and partners of SAP C/4HANA who are licensed for any of the products listed here. It includes a new SAP C/4HANA extensibility concept using the SAP Cloud Platform Extension Factory and the open source project “Kyma”. This means that building extensions for solutions of the SAP C/4HANA suite is being harmonized across technologies. Partner solutions integrating with this instantly become relevant to all SAP C/4HANA customers.
What’s in it for partners?
- Integrate fast and easy–connect in a couple of days with no SAP domain knowledge required using de-facto standards of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- Just integrate once -Connect your solution once and get exposure to many SAP C/4HANA solutions instead of 1:1 connections
- Integrate beyond SAP – Easy integration with already existing and running products from our partners
- Customer exposure – be part of the C/4HANA Cockpit and get exposure to 1000+ customers
Listen to our early adopters and what convinced them:
How can I get started?
- Get a basic understanding of the used technologies and Kubernetes via these tutorials
- Create a Kubernetes-based runtime with open source Kyma
- Get to know the possibilities of Kyma via this tutorial.
- Either connect one of the following SAP C/4HANA solutions to your Kyma runtime or create application Mocks to simulate a connected solution:
- Create a first serverless function to react to an application event, call its API, and call your product’s API by injecting the security token directly into the serverless function (blog post on serverless functions)
- Build a connector to talk directly to the Kyma Application Connector to get exposed in the Kyma Service Catalog and to easily call your application’s APIs (and listen to events if your application triggers events): Example JAVA SDK
You can find a complete index of available topics here.