S/4HANA Cloud – ARIBA Integration
The Ariba Network (AN) is a global network that provides connectivity and online services to organizations engaged in business-to-business e-commerce. Ariba Network enables buyers and suppliers to do business with each other worldwide over the Internet and to access multiple network-delivered services to enhance interaction and collaboration.
The integration of SAP S/4HANA Cloud and Ariba allows the following processes:
- Purchase order collaboration
- Invoice collaboration
- Service procurement
- Discount management
For the S/4HANA Cloud integration, the communication is established using HTTP(s) based APIs. The APIs are helpful in messaging with SAP family apps and non-SAP apps. The OData and SOAP services are used for the connectivity.
Open Data Protocol (OData) is a data access protocol used to query and update data and to trigger the business logic. It is designed to provide standard CRUD access via HTTP(S) and send a synchronous request with response.
Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) is a protocol for exchanging information in distributed environments. This is the preferred protocol for asynchronous messaging (error handling).
For the ARIBA landscapes – Guided Buying, Buying and Invoicing, Automation of Purchase-to-Pay, additional information about configuring the scenarios successfully is provided in the following blogs:
- Identify SOAP services responsible for interaction between Ariba and S4 HANA systems (1ZM ,2NV,42K scenarios): View
- Understanding Communication user in Ariba integration with S4HANA (1ZM,42K): View
- Tracking the OData services triggered from Ariba to S/4 HANA cloud system: View
- Debugging SOAP and OData services from S/4HANA for Ariba integration (Cloud environment 42K,1ZM,2NV): View
- ARIBA Integration with S/4HANA On-Premise vs Cloud: View
The best practice links for S/4HANA ARIBA integration scenarios are provided:
· 2NV – Guided Buying Capability with SAP Ariba Buying (Direct Connectivity): https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/browse/scopeitems/2NV
· 1ZM – Procure-to-Pay with SAP Ariba Buying and Invoicing (Direct Connectivity): https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/browse/scopeitems/1ZM
· 42K – Automation of Purchase-to-Pay with Ariba Network (integration via CIG): https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/browse/scopeitems/42K
· 3EN – Guided Buying for Central Procurement with SAP Ariba Buying (Direct Connectivity) https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/browse/scopeitems/3EN
thanks for sharing
Informative, Thanks for Sharing!
Thanks for sharing the inforamtion about ariba