In this blog post you will learn how to creating and enabling extension field for Journal Entry API. We enabled the extension fields for the following Journal Entry APIs:
- API Journal Entry – Post (Synchronous) and API Journal Entry – Post (Asynchronous) on the level of item, coding block and profitability segment.
How to Create Extension Field and Enable It for Journal Entry API
- Log on to the SAP Fiori launchpad as Administrator.
- Under Extensibility, choose the Custom Fields and Logic tile.
- On the Custom Fields and Logic screen, click Create
- On the New Field screen, make the following entries:
- Business Context: choose the context where the extension field belongs to
Journal Entry – Post (Synchronous) and Journal Entry – Post (Asynchronous) API supports the extension fields in Business Context Accounting: Coding Block, Accounting: Journal Entry Item and Accounting: Market Segment
Journal Entry – Change (Asynchronous) API supports the extension fields in Business Context Accounting: Coding Block
- Label: enter the name for extension field
- Type: choose the data type for extension field
- Length: enter the length for extension field
5. Click Create and Edit
6. Switch to tab SOAP APIs
If it is enabled for Journal Entry – Post (Synchronous) and Journal Entry – Post (Asynchronous) API, click Enable Usage for JournalEntryBulkCreationRequest_In and JournalEntryCreateRequestConfirmation_In
If it is enabled for Journal Entry – Change (Asynchronous) API, click Enable Usage for JournalEntryBulkChangeRequest_In
7. If you want the extension field is available on App Manage Journal Entries, then switch to tab UIs and Reports, and click Enable Usage for Manage Journal Entries
8. Click Save and then click Publish
You have created extension fields and enabled them in the structure of Journal Entry API and Fiori App Manage Journal Entries.