Dear Retail omnichannel community,
the SAP Retail Omnichannel integration with SAP Commerce Cloud on Microsoft Azure (CCV2) is now available with the SAP Commerce Cloud extension package 1905.08.
Backend-wise S/4 Retail, S/4 Fashion & Vertical Business as well as SAP Retail based on ERP is supported. Standard retail idocs are integrated with Commerce Cloud via SAP Cloud Platform integration, so a wide range of SAP backend versions should be supported. We only test the latest ones.
This long awaited SAP Retail Omnichannel integration with SAP Commerce Cloud on MS Azure comprises
- Retail article master data integration
- Single and generic articles
- Integration content available for SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI)
- Omnichannel Article Availability and Sourcing (OAA)
- based on SAP Customer Activity Repository
- Out-of-the-box configuration in SAP Commerce Cloud
- Integration via SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI)
- SAP Omnichannel Promotion Pricing (OPP)
This allows the seamless standard integration of SAP Retail omnichannel scenarios such as
- Click & Ship
- Click & Collect
- Click & Reserve
- Consistent Omnichannel stock visibility across all stores, distribution centers and 3rd party warehouses, vendor/supplier stock etc.
- Consistent omnichannel promotion pricing across
- Endless Aisle (via Keytree KIT partner solution)
- SAP Mobile Consumer Assistant by GK
and in summary a personalized and even individualized customer experience.
SAP Commerce Cloud is a leading Digital Commerce solution for B2C, B2B and combined B2B2C/B2B2B solutions, and was just recently awarded again as “Leader” by Gartner in August 2019.
This Retail integration with SAP Commerce Cloud not just only provides digital commerce capabilities and standard integration for omnichannel retailers.
It widely opens a huge door to the market-leading SAP C/4HANA Suite capabilities allowing end-to-end customer journeys across
- incl. webshops, external marketplaces (via SAP Product Content Hub)
- incl. a powerful digital content management via Commerce Context Driven Services
- incl. integration with powerful order business cloud services
- and of course order integration and fulfillment processing with SAP S/4HANA and SAP ERP back ends
- incl. customer segmentation, personalization and even individualized digital marketing in an automated fashion
- Lead and opportunity management
- central Customer Registration, Identity and Access Management
- via central registration and customer data management in SAP Customer Data Cloud, incl. social registration.
- Try it out and play with the SAP CDC (ex Gigya) test webshop But don’t buy a TV there – they are really expensive .-)
- Consent management in SAP Customer Data Cloud
- to meet data protection privacy regulations like GDPR, DGVSO, etc.
- Sales quotation integration
- via SAP Sales Cloud, to offer quotes for complex orders the customer cannot order without help. , e.g. made-to-measure furniture like kitchens, solar rooftop installations etc.
- Service management
- with intelligent ticket handling, (crowd) field service integration, self service, service desk etc.
- Experience and Feedback Management
- across the SAP C/4HANA Suite by SAP Experience Management (aka SAP XM, ex Qualtrics)
Fig.1: Retail / B2C Omnichannel customer journey across SAP C/4HANA Suite (excerpt)
Let’s go into more detail:
to be continued …
Dr. Ingo Woesner
Director, Outbound Product Management, SAP C/4HANA Suite & Retail
Follow me on SAP Community Network.