This blog post covers the pre-requisites and configuration settings regarding on how bank charges will be calculated in outgoing Bank Charges- Japan.
1.Bank charges should be maintained in the Outgoing bank charges activity with relevant tax code.
2.Bank Charges paid by: Beneficiary should be maintained in the Supplier master data.
3.Payment method is Domestic bank transfer with same currency JPY.
4.Transfer amount has to be greater than the bank charge amount.
- Go to Business Configuration-Search activity: Bank Charges – Japan > Click on Create / Maintain Outgoing Bank Charges.
Here you need to maintain the House Bank Details for the respective bank and company. Bank charges, Tax code need to be maintained according the business requirement.
2. Go to Payables work center >Suppliers view >Select Supplier >Edit >Financial Data > Select Bank Charges Paid by > Beneficiary.
3. Create new supplier invoice with same tax code provided in outgoing bank charges activity.
4. Clear the invoice > Pay manually by > Outgoing bank transfer
5. Select the invoice and Click on Actions > Complete Bank Charge to display the bank charge.
6. We can see the bank charges field is updated with value.
You can see that bank charges are getting calculated and you can view the postings once you post the document manually.
PS: Screenshot provided in the blog post are from internal systems.