Before you even begin with your data migration, it’s important to first get organized – and you need a great strategy. Getting a good planning and organization structure will take some time, and may leave you with some open questions as you prepare. To successfully realize your new SAP S/4HANA implementation project, you will need to have considered all relevant aspects and have a good plan to go forward on, so no surprises haunt you as you proceed. SAP Enterprise Support Academy has released a new expert-guided implementation (EGI) to support you in your data migration strategy, while also getting you equipped with essential tools to help you along the way.
What is an EGI?
This is a multi-day remote session, powered by SAP Enterprise Support Academy, where participants learn how to complete a defined activity with experienced SAP service engineers. It is delivered as a virtual classroom.
- Empowering you with 1 – 2 hour web sessions each morning, an SAP expert explains step by step how you migrate your data to your SAP S/4HANA system using the Migration Cockpit File Based Approach and Data Staging Approach.
- You will also learn how to create a new migration object with the Migration Object Modeler and be shown how to make adjustments to your migration object. You execute the demonstrated steps within your own project on that same day on your SAP environment or with the provided click-through demo’s which you can share with your internal team.
- You will have direct access to expertise as you attend the EGI.
Before you can access the registration links, a one-time registration in SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support, is required. A detailed step-by step guide to registration can be found here.
What topics will be covered in the EGI on data migration strategy and tools for greenfield implementations of SAP S/4HANA?
- Which tools are most appropriate for new implementation transition scenarios
- How the migration cockpit in SAP S/4HANA can be used to complement rapid data migration to SAP S/4HANA and SAP Data Services in your data migration project
- How to use the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit (including demo* with example objects)
- How to use the SAP S/4HANA Migration Object Modeler (also including demo* with example objects)
* Note: the demos will be shared for the EGI attendees for later-day practice
- Outlook and product roadmap for the cockpit and modeler
- How to develop your SAP Data Migration strategy
- Resources available to support you in your project
We look forward to having you join us in the EGI on Data Migration Strategy and Tools for Greenfield Implementation of SAP S/4HAHA which is now being delivered on an ongoing basis.
Is there a value map to support me with my SAP S/4HANA implementation?
Yes! SAP Enterprise Support value maps powered by SAP Enterprise Support Academy are a great place for customers in pre go-live stage to get valuable information that can help you to understand how to plan, prepare and go through your implementation processes. Also, with value maps you get access to SAP experts and are able to ask questions. Customers in post go-live stages will also find interesting information, like notifications about upcoming product updates, links to available resources, blogs written by specialists, and so on.
Note: To register for the value map, you may require access to SAP Learning Hub, edition for SAP Enterprise Support. Already-registered members can access the value map directly via the SAP Enterprise Support Value Maps learning room