SAP Asset Manager
Challenges in Asset Management
In asset management customers are facing the following challenges:
- The proliferation of assets to maintain with fewer technicians to maintain them
- Geographically distributed maintenance assets and technicians
- Increasing regulatory pressures and rising costs
- Aging workforces and infrastructures
SAP Asset Manager helps to:
- Capture and access timely, accurate data both online or offline to better respond to increasing market demand and globalization and regulatory, social, and environmental pressures
- Better manage complex assets and reliance on third parties
- Retain and build on your company’s knowledge base and minimize the effects of employee attrition
SAP Asset Manager
The new cloud-based mobile asset management solution
SAP Asset Manager is a new mobile app leveraging the digital core with SAP S/4HANA and SAP ERP as well as SAP Cloud Platform as the IoT platform for managing work orders, notifications, condition monitoring, material consumption, time management, and failure analysis. It helps the highly skilled workers who maintain enterprise assets to perform their job with complex information and business logic that is always available whether they are connected to the network or working in offline environments.
- Access to different sources of enterprise data and capabilities Provides timely, relevant, and accurate information such as asset health, inventory, maintenance, and safety checklists
- Ready-to-use, extensible iOS/Android native app –integrated with native features and services Enables the worker to be more productive and seamlessly take advantage of the iOS/Android ecosystem
- Intuitive UI: SAP Fiori (for iOS/Android design language) Provides context-rich visualization and actionable insights
- Mobile-enabled processes integrated with enterprise systems Enables easy and timely execution of end-to-end asset management on the go
SAP Asset Manager – Process
Mobility as Part of the digital business process chain
SAP Intelligent Asset Management
Mobile Asset Management
- Eliminate paperwork while reducing downtime and maintenance backlog
- Extend and improve asset life and reliability by shortening work cycles
- Turn capital spending into operational investments using a cloud deployment
- Manage existing work and asset data whether you’re online, offline, or occasionally connected
SAP Asset Manager – Value Proposition
- Standard SAP Solution, natively integrated with the SAP Enterprise Asset Management, SAP S/4HANA Asset Management, and SAP Intelligent Asset Management solutions
- The next-generation cloud solution, leveraging 20 years of mobile asset management experience.
- Consumer-grade user experience and superior performance, designed for an intuitive and exceptional native user experience on iOS and Android devices, with enterprise-grade capabilities.
- Easy customization, in a cloud-based editor by leveraging SAP Cloud Platform Mobile Services and the mobile development kit
SAP Asset Manager – PdMS Indicators
PdMS, or Predictive Maintenance and Service equipment indicators allow you to easily identify the health status of your equipment.
PdMS is part of the Asset Central component, which relays information to and from the SAP Asset Intelligence Network back end.
SAP Asset Manager – ASPM Checklists
ASPM, or Asset Strategy and Performance Management checklists are a type of assessment used for equipment. If the equipment has a mandatory checklist associated with it, when you tap on End Work Order, you are automatically taken to the Checklist screen to complete the checklist before you can fully complete your work order.
A checklist, or questionnaire, can be composed of multiple-choice questions or questions where you can enter free-form text.
SAP Asset Manager – Field Operation Worker component
SAP Asset Manager for the field operations worker is a component leveraging the digital core with SAP S/4HANA and SAP ERP for task-driven activities and rounds.
It supports workers who perform asset inspections and checks with a focus on measurement points and on smaller services and repairs.
SAP Asset Manager – Crew Reporting
Allows team leads to manage crews
- Crew list management with add/remove crew members
- Add/remove vehicles
- Edit vehicles (odometer reading)
- Manage crew timesheet
SAP Asset Manager – Meter Management
Supports the following tasks:
- Meter installation
- Meter removal
- Meter replacement
- Aperiodic meter readings
- Periodic Meter readings
- Disconnect/Reconnect orders
- Meter repair Orders
SAP Asset Manager – Customer Service
Enables to maintain or perform service to equipment under contract at sites for customers or other third parties. Using Customer Service:
- Details of service engagements of the technician with the customer
- Details of business partner information associated with the customer
- Details of contract and warranty information for the customer
- Online mapping functionality for both customer addresses and partner address
SAP Asset Manager
Product road map overview – Key innovations
Good blog thanks for sharing.
Thank you Ravinder!
Hello Lingaiah, Thanks for the blog. Could you give me more info about the relationship between equipment checklists and work order? Can I select which checklists are related to my workorder in R3? Could you show me some examples?
I have a second doubt, in the template creation it is mandatory to select thresholds, but if we want to use the checklist just for a safety verification or for an inspection round, why are threshold for? I cannot see the use of them in these cases.
Thanks a lot