SAP Cloud SDK at SAP TechEd 2019
Six weeks to go until the first event of SAP TechEd 2019 in Las Vegas. Of course, you can get to know the SAP Cloud SDK and learn what’s new in many sessions, just like last year (back then the SDK was still known as SAP S/4HANA Cloud SDK). In this blog post, I give an overview of the sessions that prominently feature the SAP Cloud SDK so that you know what to visit and can register today.
In total, we will have more than ten sessions. You can see the full list in the session catalog for Las Vegas, Barcelona, and Bangalore when filtering for the product “SAP Cloud SDK”. There is something for everyone: lectures, longer hands-on workshops, and short SAP CodeJams.
The SAP Cloud SDK sessions fall into three high-level areas, further detailed below:
- Do you want to apply DevOps best practices and continuously deliver cloud-native applications? Then our sessions about continuously delivering with the SAP Cloud SDK are for you.
- If you want to use the SDK to connect to innovative services like SAP Leonardo Blockchain, we have a few sessions on innovating with the SAP Cloud SDK for you as well.
For an overview on everything there is to know about building side-by-side extensions with the SAP Cloud SDK, visit the overview lecture CAA208 on how to Achieve Low TCO and Maximum Flexibility When Adapting SAP S/4HANA. Add this session to your agenda from the session catalog with the following links for Las Vegas (LV), Barcelona (BCN), or Bangalore (BLR).
Developing with the SAP Cloud SDK
- CAA365 (LV, BCN, BLR): in this 2-hour workshop, you will learn hands-on how to Transform Classical Custom ERP Adaptations into Cloud Applications extending SAP S/4HANA Cloud, using the SAP Cloud SDK for Java.
- CAA360 (LV, BCN, BLR): in this 2-hour hands-on, you Achieve Low TCO and Maximum Flexibility when Extending SAP Solutions by using the SAP Cloud SDK for Java to integrate both SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP SuccessFactors. This session highlights how SAP makes developing extensions for SAP solutions easy and consistent with SAP Cloud Platform Extension Factory and SAP Cloud SDK.
- CAA600 (LV, BCN, BLR): One SAP CodeJam, All Systems – Create an Intelligent Enterprise Application is a 1-hour quick exercise on using the SAP Cloud SDK for Java in the same setting.
Delivering with the SAP Cloud SDK
Several sessions explain how the SAP Cloud SDK helps you getting into DevOps easily and setting up a continuous delivery pipeline quickly:
- CAA217 (LV, BCN, BLR): this lecture tells you everything you need to know about Efficient Continuous Delivery in the SAP Ecosystem.
- CAA381 (LV, BCN, BLR): visiting this 2-hour hands-on workshop for Taking Your DevOps Skills on SAP Cloud Platform to the Next Level. You will use the out-of-the-box continuous delivery pipeline of the SDK for the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model to quickly ship new versions of an application to production and then leverage the monitoring support of SAP Cloud Platform to detect and resolve issues in production.
- CAA607 (LV, BCN, BLR): a 1-hour SAP CodeJam on Continuous Delivery Out-of-the-Box: Your First App in Less Than 30 Minutes brings you the essentials on setting up your continuous delivery infrastructure and pipeline – with a bit of spare time for the details.
- CAA606 (LV, BCN, BLR): the goal of this 1-hour SAP CodeJam is to Fail Early and Less Often. Continuous Delivery for SAP Solution Extensions with the SAP Cloud SDK makes it possible to identify and fix quality issues before they reach production.
- CAA707 (LV, BCN, BLR): even shorter is the quick Code Review demo on Continuous Delivery: Learnings and Best Practices from the SAP Ecosystem.
Innovating with the SAP Cloud SDK
The following couple of sessions continue the successful sessions of last years on using the SAP Cloud SDK to innovate quickly:
- CAA706 (LV, BCN, BLR): this brief Code Review lets you Unlock the Da Vinci Code for your SAP S/4HANA Extension, making your application more intelligent and innovative by leveraging the SAP Cloud SDK to interact with innovative services on SAP Cloud Platform.
- AIN101 (LV, BCN, BLR): learn how to do Blockchain Integration with SAP S/4HANA using SAP Cloud SDK in this lecture.
We hope you found many sessions of interest to you and added them to your agenda. In case of hands-on workshops, make sure to register early for those sessions with limited space. Of course, there is much more to see at SAP TechEd 2019.