SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1908
We are pleased to announce the availability of the updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1908. This release delivers many updates to the ready-to-run business processes, prescriptive methodology and apps for configuration, testing and extensibility. Here are key highlights for this release, you can learn more in the detailed sections below:
- New features with the implementation portal for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- New languages for SAP Best Practices Explorer released with 1908
- Updated Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1908 available now
- New enhancements in the Implementation Roadmap for SAP Activate methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1908
- New updates and assets published in the SAP Activate Roadmap
- Configure Your Solution continues to grow in number of available SSCUIs ~ 1450 total SSCUIs – 140 of them being new
- New functionalities in test automation tool for Test your process and Manage your processes
What’s new in SAP Cloud ALM implementation portal for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
The implementation portal for SAP S/4HANA cloud delivers SAP Activate in a new toolset that guides customers deploying SAP S/4HANA Cloud with a tailored, scope aware journey is available under Early Customer Care program primarily for new customer projects.
Customers using this tool will find new features added in the implementation portal such as:
- Ability to add and edit manual tasks in the task list – providing flexibility to manage customer specific tasks
- Users can now include active URL to documents and other data sources directly to task description and tasks comments
Contacts: Michael Kloeffer
Feature updates for SAP Best Practices Explorer
The following features improvements are now available on SAP Best Practices Explorer:
Additional Product Licenses
License requirements for non-S/4HANA Cloud products available now in BPX.
Two new additional tool languages and translated content for SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
- Spanish (for Spain)
Content updates for SAP Best Practices Explorer
SAP Best Practices Explorer is the one-stop shop for ready-to-run digitized business processes. View the What’s new by checking out the recently released packages and updates to our portfolio of SAP Best Practices solutions. In addition, you can now find S/4HANA Cloud related content in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementation Portal.
For more information, please use the links below.
|SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1908 Delivery|
|SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud||Update||Link|
|SAP S/4HANA Public Sector Cloud||New||Link|
|SAP Best Practices for analytics with SAP S/4HANA||Update||Link|
|SAP Best Practices for SAP Leonardo Robotic Process Automation integration with SAP S/4HANA||Update||Link|
|SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning||Update||Link|
|SAP Best Practices for SAP Marketing Cloud||Update||Link|
Highlights of SAP Activate Methodology Updates in 1908
The SAP Activate content in the Implementation Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud has been enhanced for 1908 with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey. The key highlights are:
Update for SAP Activate Methodology Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- New guidance for the collection of requirements, design, and configuration of Identity and Access Management has been added; user can view all related content by selecting the “Identity and Access Management” tag.
- Updates of the Business Driven Configuration Questions have been delivered with 1908 release.
- Revised guidance for setting the Fiscal Year Variant – selection is during the system Preset phase; a new task Configure Customer Specific Fiscal Year Variant was added for customer specific calendar changes.
- Added a new task Learn about SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation to provide instructions on to learn about and request SAP Cloud ALM.
- Added task Transport Initial Change Project from Q-System to P-System for executing the initial transport to Production after receipt of the P-System. The P-System will be delivered without the initial Q-System configuration.
- Updated methodology workstream names and harmonized them across all SAP Activate implementation roadmaps.
See the detailed list of changes in the S/4HANA Cloud Release blog.
Contacts: Dan Ciecko
New and Updated SAP Activate Implementation Roadmaps
In addition to the updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud methodology content, the following updates and new methodology assets were published in the last three months. You can find the methodology assets in the SAP Roadmap Viewer.
|New and Updated SAP Activate Methodology Assets||Type||RMV|
|SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Analytics Cloud||New||Link|
|SAP Activate Methodology for Transition to SAP S/4HANA||Update||Link|
|SAP Activate Methodology for Transition to BW/4HANA||Update||Link|
|SAP Activate Methodology for SuccessFactors||Update||Link|
|SAP Activate Methodology for SAP Ariba||Update||Link|
Deployment Experience Updates
Please find below a few highpoints related to the Deployment Experience.
Configure your Solution – Available SSCUIs in 1908
The number of SSCUIs is continuously growing. In 1908, approximately 140 new SSCUIs are available providing a total of 1450 SSCUIs. 285 SSCUIs will be enabled with a feature to delete unwanted records created by the customer.
The new SSCUIs and the ones that have deletion enabled can be identified in the Reference Excel in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer
Contact: Christoph Hergenroeder
In 1908, 13 new automated test scripts for SAP Best Practice processes are delivered. In total, there are now 236 scripts (Detailed list can be found here).
New features in Test your processes:
- Improved scheduling feature (schedule up to 20 test plans, and execute immediately option).
- Higher stability in test execution, for example, via respect of user specific date format.
New features in Manage your test processes:
- New change history screen available to provide a detailed overview on release specific changes at automated test scripts.
- Additional option to adapt standard and custom test processes via “adapt test processes.”
Contact: Susanne Knopp
We invite you to share your feedback and ask questions in the SAP Activate JAM space. Get your invite here – http://bit.ly/SAPActivate
Joerg Rupprecht, Jan Musil and Holger Steffens
SAP Activate Product Managers