Purchase Requisition Completion by Approvers
Approvers esp. Purchasers/ purchasing manager as approvers would like to complete the information in Purchase Requisition while they are in approval. For example, an employee couldn’t specify the correct supplier or correct account assignment details during creation of a shopping cart which then can be provided by a purchaser/purchasing manager during approval.
From 1905CE, S/4HANA Procurement has come up with a new option in My Inbox for approvers to complete Purchase Requisition information before approving them. This reduces the need of approvers to reject the Purchase Requisition and send back to requestors in case corrections are needed in the requisition. The new option – Edit and Approve Purchase Requisition comes as part of smart link in Purchase Requisition in My Inbox.
Few important points to be noted are mentioned below.
- Approvers should be assigned to role SAP_BR_MANAGER_PROCUREMENT to make use of this option.
- Edit is only allowed for Self-Service Purchase Requisitions(Creation Indicator – S) and Professional Purchase Requisitions( Creation Indicator – R) using the option.
- Edit is only allowed for Purchase Requisitions triggered using workflow scenarios in app – Manage Workflow for Purchase Requisitions – New.
Various Features related to app
In 1905CE, approvers could change quantity of Purchase Requisition along with changing Source of Supply information and then Approve the Purchase Requisition.
In 1908CE, more features are added as listed below.
Overall Release and Item Level Approval
- Addition of Approval Attachments by Approver(same as in My Inbox)
- Addition of Approval Notes by Approver(same as in My Inbox)
- View Approval Details
- Change of Purchase Requisition Attachments(in item details)
- Change of Purchase Requisition Notes (in item details)
- Change of Item Description, Material Group, Valuation Price, Price Unit, UoM of Requested Quantity(with restricted editing for catalog items and material)
Item Level Approval
- Change of Account Assignment Details
In 1911CE, more features are added as listed below.
Header Level Approval
Change of Account Assignment Details
Header Level and Item Level Approval
- Change of Delivery Date
- Display of Web Service ID to identify a Purchase Requisition item from a catalog
From 2002CE, approvers can edit Purchasing Group as well as Requisitioner for both Header and Item Level Approval.
This gives a very nice picture about the new innovations added to workflows. Thanks for sharing this.
There is someway of view the total value of the PR position in the notification?
Thanks in advanced!
Currently its not possible. Do you think it would be helpful to add this in case of notifications to approvers.
Yamuna Mathew Hello Yamuna,
Thanks for you reply!!
Currently I am activating the approval workflows for the purchase requisition and the client said me... "So I cant see in the notification the total value about position that I am approval? Have I will enter to each position of each purchase requisition for review it?"
Yes, I think that its very necessary!
Thanks in advanced!!
Great documentation! I've just applied this feature in our test systems and works great, except I need a bit more clarification:
- Is this only available as "link" when click on the PR number? Why is there no specific action button "Edit" next to buttons "Approve" and "Reject" instead of link?
- Where does the Approval Attachments and Approval Notes get stored or updated? I'm not seeing this in the PR item and would expect it be visible for audit trail.
- After approve edit and attached Approval Notes and add some comment in Approval Notes, click "Approve" - the PR is not updated in "My Outbox" which is not good considering if click "Approve" from the My Inbox, approver can see in their outbox what was approved histrionically.
Appreciate your advise/feedback - Thanks in advanced!
Thankyou for the feedback.
Coming to your queries.
Is this only available as "link" when click on the PR number? Why is there no specific action button "Edit" next to buttons "Approve" and "Reject" instead of link?
--> Option only available as a link on the PR Number, no Edit as of now.
Where does the Approval Attachments and Approval Notes get stored or updated? I'm not seeing this in the PR item and would expect it be visible for audit trail.
-->Functionality of Approval attachments and Approval notes is same as in My Inbox(tab attachments, comments). The approval attachments/notes added by approver will be visible only to next level approver. This will not be persisted and available in Purchase Requisition
After approve edit and attached Approval Notes and add some comment in Approval Notes, click "Approve" - the PR is not updated in "My Outbox" which is not good considering if click "Approve" from the My Inbox, approver can see in their outbox what was approved histrionically.
-->We will check further and come back to you on this
Yamuna Mathew Hello Yamuna, thank you for the reply. Were you able to check if an Approver edits the PR from My Inbox, and then clicks "Approve", it should goes to Approver's "My Outbox"?
We are further checking on this. Will get back to you.
thanks for sharing...
Thank you for the detailed info. Is it possible to track the changes done using this.
Do we have version of documents saved in the system.
For e.g Requester created a PR with value 'abc'
First approver changed the value to 'xyz'
1. Will the next approver will be able to see that the value was changed from 'abc' to 'xyz'?
2. Will the requester be able to see this change, that it was done by first approver?
As of now, the changes can be seen only in the PR advanced apps.
Thank you for the info!
Thanks for the addition of the further new features...
Hello Yamuna Mathew In the central procurement scenario, will the Requisitioner field replace the Requester field or it is just an additional field for Contact Information.
Question arises whether changing the User ID in this field will impact the Goods Receipt process at the end.
Field "Requisitioner" added in 2002CE in Edit and Approve PR is not related to the Requester field and refers only to the general field Requisitioner in a Purchase Requisition and is a free text field.
There is no impact on the follow on process, like Goods receipt creation.
Thank You! Yamuna Mathew
Hi Yamuna Mathew , thanks for sharing the details, these days I got a request from customer, they are asking if we can add the total value of PR when approve PO in myinbox, as this PO is created from PR, end-user wants to compare the total value of PR and PO in the same page, in the current verion only total value of PO is shown.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks for sharing this information!
Thanks for sharing this information!
is anybody know that this kind of feature also available in PO?
This feature is currently not available for Purchase Order.
Hi Yamuna ,
I have a requirement where, In the case of PR rejection, the PR should go back to the creator. Once creator receives a work item, they should have the option to accept the rejection ( may be delete the PR) or make changes and resubmit. Approvals for a resubmitted PR start again at the beginning of the approval workflow.
Can this be achievable using flexible WF?
Thanks for your help.
Yes, this is possible via the Rework feature introduced in Purchase Requisition Workflow.
Please refer to the below blog for more details.
Thank you Yamuna for your reply.
We are on S4HANA ON PREMISE 2020 now. We don't have that feature yet.
Any other way we can achieve this requirement?
Thanks in Advance,
Do we have similar feature for Purchase Order Flexible Workflow? Can approver edit and approve Purchase order ?
Is flexible workflow has features of Chnage indicator same as classic Release startegy.?
Felxible Purchase order or PR has change indicator functionlity same as classic RS.