How to export a custom field (e-mail) in the payment file
The goal of this post is to describe the step-by-step process of how to export the custom field and logic in the payment file. Based on the best practice experience, it will be explained for you with an example: export customer e-mail into a payment file.
The content of this blog post is the following:
- Create, Copy, Delete & Release in Map Payment Format Data
- Create, Copy & Delete Payment Medium Format
- Linking Payment Medium Format to a Payment Method
You use the application Payment Medium: Custom Additional Reference Fields (Business Add-In BAdI) to implement your own logic to fill the data into ZREFxx custom reference fields, which will be exported into payment file.
Note: To be able to access this app and follow the described process, your user must be assigned a role that has the authorization as defined in the business catalog Extensibility (SAP_CORE_BC_EXT).
- Open the Custom Fields and Logic app from the Extensibility business group on your launchpad.
- Switch to the Custom Logic tab
- Choose + (Create) to add and create new enhancement implementation.
- Fill out the dialog box as explained in the following table and then choose Create.
|Business Context||Select Finance: Payment Medium.|
|BAdI Description||Select Payment Medium: Custom Additional Reference Fields.|
|Implementation Description||Enter a description, for example Export customer e-mail into payment file|
|Implementation ID||The field is filled out automatically as you enter the implementation description. You can change the ID if you like.|
- Then define filter. Your logic should be called only for the format created in previous steps.
- Choose + (Add) to add a filter condition.
- Choose + (Add) to add an entry.
- Fill out the dialog box as explained in the following table and then choose Save.
|Filter Parameter||Select format|
|Value||Enter the payment medium format to which you want to add custom reference fields.|
- To get the accounting clerk’s e-mail from the supplier you must implement the following logic.
- Choose Save Draft in the bottom-right corner.
- Choose Publish in the bottom-right corner to activate your new logic.
- To find more views, which can be used in your own logic, use application View Browser.
- Search for view by entering keywords or view you already know
- Open the view to display details. The definition shows a list of fields in view
- The annotation contains technical details of the view. ABAPCATALOG.SQLVIEWNAME contains the name of the view, which can be used in SE11 do display this CDS view.
- Cross-reference shows other views linked to this view by external references
- Here are CDS views most frequently used in this enhancement
I_BUSINESSPARTNER Business Partner I_SUPPLIERTOBUSINESSPARTNER Supplier to Business Partner Relationship I_SUPPPLIER Supplier I_SUPPLIERCOMPANY Company code data of supplier I_JOURNALENTRY Journal Entry (Header) I_JOURNALENTRYITEM Journal Entry Item
- Fill test data into available fields
- Scroll down to fill up the field ZBUKR.
- You can save your test data as variant and use it later
- After entering test data click on button Test and scroll down to see results
- Here you can see that our logic works as expected.
Use application Maintain Business Partner to display business partner master data
Display tab Vendor: Correspondence in company code dataField ‘Clerk’s Internet Address’ contains the email address, which will be exported into payment file.
Create a payment run
Call up the application Manage Automatic Payments.
Create payment run and schedule payments.
Export payment file
Use application Manage Payment Media to export payment file:
Download the file and display the content:
This blog post guided you via the process of custom field setting. Would you like to share more processes description? Share your wishes in the comment section below.