Overview Implementation Assets and Principles for SAP SuccessFactors: Deliverables and Distribution Channels
To help customers and partners understand how and when to leverage the different implementation assets available, we created this blog post. We are going to talk about the following assets:
- Architectural Leading Practices (ALPs) – Management level overview on critical architecture topics conforming to guardrails and referencing IDPs for further details where applicable. ALPs work as a perfect front end to detailed Implementation Design Principles.
- Process Library – HR processes and related Leading Practices supported by SAP SuccessFactors. Designed end-to-end across modules of SAP SuccessFactors. Solution relevant steps including manual steps are depicted in process flows.
- SAP Best Practices – Proven set of HR business process configuration: Conforming to Implementation Design Principles and Process Library. Provides what most customers require, based on the experience and learnings from customer implementation projects. allowing automated and modular deployment.
- Implementation Design Principles (IDPs) – Expert level guidance beyond Implementation Guides on implementation design and strategy addressing how to leverage SAP SuccessFactors to fulfill customer requirements end-to-end while conforming to guardrails and product roadmap.
- Implementation Guides – Explain in detail all available configuration options usually specific to a module. Typical audience include Designers and Configurators (Functional, Integration), as well as Solution Architects, and Customers.
Please see the figure below for the definition as well as details regarding use-case, audience, deliverables, and delivery channels of various assets and artifacts produced by SAP SuccessFactors Professional Services and Product Teams.
As indicated above, always linking to the same content, all the assets are available via different channels to make them easier to find. For example, the Empowerment Center on the Customer Community provides links to most of them. We recommend consuming them along the phases of the SAP Activate Methodology as follows:
- Discover – Architectural Leading Practices, Process Library
- Prepare – Architectural Leading Practices, Process Library
- Explorer – Process Library, SAP Best Practices, Implementation Design Principles
- Realize – SAP Best Practices, Implementation Design Principles
Jointly the assets listed above provide a holistic framework on how to leverage SAP SuccessFactors in the best possible way to achieve the desired customer business goals as well as reduce implementation challenges overall.
The assets rank from an architecture level down to detailed design and configuration level addressing the different needs depending on the audience and/or the project phase. SAP’s intent is to have the assets as redundant free as far as possible and complementing each other.
Furthermore, additional implementation assets including the ones listed above have been released through the roadmap viewer available through support linked here.
This blog post was jointly written by the SAP SuccessFactors Professional Services and Product teams.