To understand the SFTP adapter (Sender/Receiver) in HCI framework. SFTP client server can be accessed via SFTP adapter. To pull files to server, SFTP sender adapter is used. To push files we use SFTP receiver adapter.
In this blog post :
- We will be using SFTP server and port number to establish connection and transfer files from one location to another.
- Authentication/Security Material
- SFTP sender and receiver channels will be configured and file will be transferred from sender to receiver channel.
- File Processing Configuration
1. For public authentication deploy the credentials for SFTP server in Security Material.
2. Cloud Integration needs host key of SFTP for Secure shell communications (SSH). In order to get the host key for FTP open connectivity tests from SAP cloud platform.
Integration->Operation View->Connectivity Test
Provide the host name of FTP and the credentials we deployed in step 1.
3. Copy the host key after successful test and save in text file (known_hosts.txt).
4. Create SSH as shown below and deploy the text file (known_hosts.txt) created in previous step. This will be used to authenticate servers.
5. For Public key authentication using key for SFTP, key pair with alias id_rsa is required in Cloud platform.
6. Integration Flow
For keeping same target file name as source file create variable in Content Modifier.
7. Once artifact is deployed we can see the completed messages status and check the trace for details (Change the log level from info to Trace in message monitoring). Login to SFTP and verify the file transferred.
Login to SFTP and verify the file transferred. Files will be transferred depending on the Scheduler settings.
In case no name is provided for the target file source name will be reflected as Target file name.
Processing of File will depend on below setting. In case its ‘Delete File’ it will be deleted once processed.
Files will be transferred and processed in Target folder.
FTP adapter is no longer provided in the list of cloud adapters. So for File transfers we use SFTP adapter with password mechanism which authenticates the connection with the server.
SFTP – Secure File Transfer Protocol
FTP – File Transfer Protocol
HCI – HANA Cloud Integration
SSH – Secure Shell