As announced in Q3 2018 and via email in April 2019, Report Center will be universally enabled in all the SuccessFactors instances as per the below timelines:
- Preview environments will be upgraded after Q3 2019 Preview release
- First Phase: 30th & 31st August 2019.
- Second Phase: 5th October
- Production environments will be upgraded after Q4 2019 Production release.
- Enabling Report Center in Customers Test and Development instances within all Production data centers – 28th December 2019
- [Wave1] – Actual Production tenant – 14th August 2020
- [Wave2] – Actual Production tenant – October 2020
Note: Upgrade will be split into multiple weekends and notification will be sent to customers.
Customer Communication Plan:
Customers will be notified directly via email about the dates when Report Center will be enabled in their instance.
For all the Production Instances – Customers will get a 30-day prior notification.
However, please note that if a Test instance of any customer is available on the Productive Servers then the 30 days notification window might reduce.
Action required by Customers after enablement:
A Role-Based Permission modification is needed to add Report Center access to the user roles that currently have permissions to utilize reports. This change must be made by your organization after the enablement of Report Center. To view the minimum permissions needed to access reporting via Report Center after the update, please view this helpful knowledge base article.
If you are an admin and need admin permissions for Report Center then please view KBA 2819279.
- Above permission is to provide access to Report Center so that you can view existing reports and perform other functions based on your existing permissions. Your existing tool level permissions assigned under “Report Permissions” will remain intact.
- After Universal Upgrade, undo option available in Upgrade Center to disable the Report Center will not work.
How to find out if users have the Report Center permission?
- If you are looking for a way to know how many users has Report Center permission, you can do it by uploading the Adhoc Report definition(.sfr) file attached in KBA 2354921 and running it in your instance.
- For complete details see “How to find out if users have the Report Center permission shown above?” section of KBA 2354921.
Report Center Documentation:
- Report Center Admin Guide
- Report Center End User Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Report Center Documentation (pdf version)
- Role-Based Permissions details for Report Center
Other Helpful Resource:
Knowledge Based Articles:
Report Center Webinar Video