CISI (Correction of installed software information) xml Update using SUM
After an upgrade of SAP system, there could be a situation that SAP BASIS administrator is worried about the installed Product Version of an SAP system which is not as expected and not the correct one. This blog will help in that situation to correct the wrong version of a product.
- After upgrade of an SAP system there could be possibility that updated product versions are not as expected as we shown in PDF report of Maintenance Planner (MP).
- Upgrade of underlying component of a product is getting updated individually, without a stack xml, and corresponding product information is not getting updated on the system.
Example: Product SAP S/4HANA Foundation is not updated after an upgrade as shown below.
CISI, SUM, Maintenance Planner, MP_CISI.xml, Erroneous System, Product Version Mismatch
Here are the steps to create CISI xml file for the Erroneous System and use SUM tool to correct the product versions:
1. Sync your system with LMDB (Landscape Database Management) in Solution Manager and then upload the system to the Support Portal.
- Run Transaction LMDB in Solution Manager
- In Technical System, Select the Type of the system and Enter System ID of the system to display it.
- Click on tab SAP Support Portal and upload the data to Support Portal.
2. Verifying an Erroneous System in Maintenance Planner.
In Maintenance Planner, click on Personalize settings under user profile and Enable option to edit the system.
Click on Edit button to correct the Product version and then Next to verify the system.
Verification is successful, now click on Next to verify dependencies.
3. As a result, you can download the CISI xml file and place this file in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in folder.
4. Ensure that you have SPAM/SAINT Version 0069 or newer installed.
5. Now start the SUM tool to run MP_CISI.xml file and correct the product version.
Point SUM to CISI stack xml file which we placed in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in directory and click on Next.
Provide user DDIC password of 000 client.
Click on Next to proceed for “Checks” phase.
Click on Next to enter in Execution Phase. There is no downtime required for this update.
Click on Next to enter in last phase of SUM tool, Post Processing.
The procedure is completed and you could see the system is updated with correct Product Version details.
This is how you can correct the SAP product version following few simple steps using SUM tool with CISI xml file.
1816146 – Correction of installed software information (CISI)
2452670 – Product versions are not shown as expected in System -> Status
2454003 – Not valid file/directory when passing SUM a CISI file
Nice n informative blog Mukesh....keep it up and post more such scenarios!!!!
Very useful info !! Keep up the good work..
Good information Mukesh and very well explained, thanks for sharing.
thanks for the blog.
I guess it is worth mentioning that after the correction in Maintenance Planner, you do not have to apply the CISI file to the system (with SUM). You can instead activate the correction in Maintenance Planner, and it will be included in the next maintenance planning in Maintenance Planner on that system (e. g. when planning an update). That would be one SUM run less - although I like SUM 🙂
Thanks for your feedback.
Yes that is possible but better to have system with correct details so anyone who is checking product details get the right information.
Also people who like perfection won't wait for next upgrade and will fix it beforehand.:)
You rightly said. But this is feasible only if you are planning system maintenance immediately after activating the correction in Maintenance planner. In between activation and next maintenance run, if system data is uploaded/pushed from LMDB to Support portal or during next sync activity, the data is likely to be overwritten and will be back to Zero.
Please Correct me if I am wrong
Thanks for the detailed procedure. You saved my day 🙂