Introduction to SAP S/4HANA programs and offerings from SAP on Cloud
Introduction to Team:
aATP (Advance Availability to Promise) is a newly formed team in SAP Labs India Bangalore, The topic belongs to SAP S/4HANA Produce umbrella and integrates very closely with PPDS, Fashions and IBP. The topic has been in SAP since initiation of APO (Advanced Planner Optimizer). The topic has its collaboration from Walldorf and Bangalore region.
Need to a formal training workshop:
aATP team in Bangalore is a composition of varied experience individuals (starting from college graduates to 10-13 years experienced colleagues within SAP) . To reduce the gap of knowledge and for the team to be on same page, we opted for a Introduction workshop conducted by Sean D’Silva, (Program Manager for SAP S/4 HANA program and Add-on Factory).
Objective of this blog:
The discussion detailed on to few elementary topics, which is good to record for future reference.
Glimpse to SAP S/4HANA workshop:
The workshop started with Greet and Meet and with basic questioning to gauge our knowledge in the area of SAP S/4HANA and the reasons for start of S/4HANA product.
Products in Business Suite:
- ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning)
- PP(Production Planning)
- HCM(Human Capital Management)
- LE WM(Logitics Execution – Warehouse Management)
- LE TM (Logitics Execution – Transportation Management)
- ERP CS(EnterpriseResourcePlanning Customer Service)
- FI (Financial Accounting)
- SD (Sales and Distribution)
- MM (Material Management)
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- SCM(Supply Chain Management)
- APO(Advanced Planner Optimizer)
- PPDS (Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling)
- gATP (Global Availabillity to Promise)
- DP (Demand Planning)
- SNP (Supply Network Planning)
- APO(Advanced Planner Optimizer)
- SRM (Supplier Relationship Management)
- PLM(Product LifeCycle Management)
- CProjects (Collaboration Projects)
- EPPM (Enterprise Portfolio & Project Management)
Few pointers on advantages of using SAP S/4HANA :
- Principle of One
- Clean of Landscape
- Reduced TCO
- Better User Experience catering to varied Customer market / demands
- Improved performance with innovative in-memory database
- Embedded Analytics
- Online Predeiction
- Operational Report
Picture#1: aATP team in SAP S/4 HANA workshop
The workshop discussion flowed to explain the evolution of S/4HANA product
Picture#2: Evolution of SAP S/4 HANA
Topic pitched in to Intelligent Suite and its classifications, wherein the team learnt on the objective of integrating the products across from Qualtrics, S4HANA, Field Glass, Ariba and Concur
Picture#3: Depicting the Intelligent suite (Next Generation digital core)
From the above picture, one of the important pointers to note is incase of Data Management is maintained by Data Hub model and tools.
Few Lead integration, that is being planned as part of roadmap to be added in future,
- Lead To Cash
- Procure to Pay (P2P)
- Design to Operate (D2O)
- Total Workforce Management
Please Note: The above point is a Lab Preview only and there is no commitment / timelines for the above integration.
The session deep dived in to various deployment options for customers like;
Picture#4: Showcasing various options to opt from the offering
Multi-tenant node: Public Cloud
Single tenant node: Private Cloud
SAP S/4HANA : Enterprise Cloud; Eg: HEC, Azure, AWS
SAP S/4HANA (OP): On-Premise option
Picture#5: Explaining the difference with details.
The session concluded with a brief activity on pictorial representation to team members by reading a small note written on a slip. Rules were the words cannot be spelled or spoken loud by the presenter but the team need to identify the word by the picture depiction.
Picture #6: Team on the activity to guess the name using the picture drawn.
The workshop did give a very good insight to the S/4HANA and its products. Team also learnt the various deployment options that SAP aoffers to customers. Activity at the end of the workshop helped in revising the topic learnt for the day and also indirectly increased team bonding due to the activity.
is this the latest overview or is there a newer one as well. For example, SAP S/4HANA® HEC is missing.