New Information Page for the Landscape Management Process
Dear Community Members and Followers,
this is just a little heads-up for those of you, who haven’t found out yourself but might be interested that I moved parts of my content. Another reason is, that this page is hosted in the SAP Support Portal now, and, therefore, has no function for commenting – but here you have it.
There is a new page available presenting information on the landscape management process, which you need to get information on your landscape on the one hand side, where System Landscape Directory and SAP Solution Manager Landscape Management Database are prominent tools and the planning of changes, such as the Transformation Navigator and the Maintenance Planner on the other.
The information offered comprises:
- In the big picture section you’ll find
- Descriptions of roles, steps, and tools of the landscape with figures
- New: Videos describing the figures’ content step-by-step
- In the details section, aspects like
- deployment models and their effect on landscape management
- gathering landscape data on-premise and in the cloud
- landscape management tools to use
- transports in hybrid landscapes,
- Links to community blog posts for more detailed information
All these topics are discussed to give you an easy entry to thee topics from an landscape management perspective and provides links to detail pages or the tools themselves.
To give you an idea, this is a central figure of that page:
Figure from the page Landscape Management Process – click it to start a step-by-step video.
An easy to memorize link https://www.sap.com/landscape-management-process will re-direct you to the new document.
I hope, you’ll find it helpful – looking forward to your comments!