- /sapmnt directory is mounted on pofapp01
- SCS and Database Instances are successfully installed.
Install Primary Application Server:
1. Login into pofapp01 with root and goto root directory. Once we are in root directory create four directories like shown below. Once we create these directories we will add the mounts from SCS in /etc/fstab. Given below are the screenshots:
2. Once we added mount it using command mount -a and check they are successfully mounted using df -k.
3. Run SWPM using the command ./sapinst -nogui &
4. Login with root user and pwd in the next screen.
5. Once you logged in we are at home page of SWPM screen.
6. Now go to path: Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP22 –> SAP NetWeaver 7.5 –> Oracle –> Installation –> Optional Standalone Units –> Process Orchestration –> Distributed System –> Primay Application Server Instance.
CAUTION: Be very careful to select right DB and right option.
7. Select Next in above screen. If we say Typical in next screen SAP will picks default setting. But we would like to use Custom in my landscape, so select Custom and click on Next.
8. Specify the location of JVM in the next screen.
9. Click Next. It goes through the directory and shows as available under Status in above screen.
10. Specify the profile directory in the next screen.
11. Give the Master pwd as per your company’s policies in the below screen.
12. Specify sidadm password, userid and login shell in the below screen else it will give you by default the master password:
13. Specify the Database SID and Database host in the below screen.
14. Specify the Kernel, IGS and DBATOOLS files folder.
15. Specify the Java Component folder in the below screen:
16. Specify whether we need to integrate with NWDI.
17. Give SAP Host Agent folder path.
18. If you want to change sapadm pwd change it in below screen. Else press next so that it takes the same master password.
19. Specify if you want to use a Multitenant Database or no.
20. Specify the Database Server and Client Version.
21. Give Oracle Client Software location.
22. Specify the Primary Application Server Instance two digit number we want to use in the below screen.
23. Specify webadm password in the below screen else it will give you by default the master password.
24. Specify Administrator and Guest user passwords in the below screen else it will take by default the master password.
25. In the below screen if we want this new PO system to add onto existing SLD then specify the hostname, port, username and password (this should exist in the SLD with necessary authorizations). If we don’t want then we can specify NO. In this scenario we can add this system into SLD when we do the post installation steps.
26. Specify whether to create Message Server ACL or not in the below screen.
27. Click Next in the below screen.
28. In Summary make sure the data given in previous screens are correct. If anything needs to be changed click on Revise and change. If all looks good then Click on Next.
29. Upon successful installation of Primary Application Server Instance we will get the below screen else we can see the errors.
Say Ok in the above screen.
30. Click on Exit for the process to Exit in the below screen.
Now we successfully installed SCS, DB, PAS lets move onto installing Second Application Server.
Installing Additional Instances:
- /sapmnt directory is mounted on pofapp02
- SCS, Database and Primary Application Server Instances are successfully installed.
For this installation everything remains same like how we installed Primary Application Server. So I am only giving what is different from the PAS installation.
When we get SWPM home screen we need to go to this path for installing the additional instances:
Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP22 –> SAP NetWeaver 7.5 –> Oracle –> Installation –> Additional SAP System Instances –> Additional Application Server Instance
Also when giving the instance number for additional instances specify other than the one we specified for PAS in the below screen shot:
After successful installation we can get the below screen:
Now we successfully installed SCS, DB, PAS and Secondary instances lets move onto doing Post Installation steps in my next section Part5.