CDS Views – Back-end Tables & App component details
This blog post provides the back end information of CDS views both Standard & Customised. It can be helpful for people who are working on CDS views in S4 HANA Systems and who wants to know the in and out details of specific CDS Views.
Introduction : Now a days ECC/R3 systems are migrating to S4 hana and most of the sap systems are currently running based on Hana as back end data base.
If we are working on S4HANA we must have came across CDS views Concepts.
What is CDS :
The data of an application is distributed across several database tables. Using ABAP CDS views, you can rearrange the table fields according to application-specific needs from the ABAP source code of your implementation.
A CDS view is defined for existing database tables and views, or for other CDS views in ABAP Dictionary, using the ABAP CDS statement DEFINE VIEW. A CDS view serves to define the structure of an SQL view and represents a projection onto one or several Dictionary tables or Dictionary views.
There are 3 types of CDS views.
Like as mentioned at the beginning of blog if we want to see a particular CDS views details like where it is residing, what type of annotations used, Back end tables used in that particular CDS view, either standard or customised etc… in these scenarios this blog might be helpful.
To obtain this information there are some standard CDS views which was provided by SAP by using those CDS’s we can get all required details.
- Cds_Views_Pkg_Appcomp: Provides list of CDS views details by package and Application name.
- Cds_Views_Info: Provides list of CDS views with CDS view type (Basic/Consumption/Interface) and other details.
- Cds_View_Cubes : Provides list of CDS views with annotation ANALYTICS.DATACATEGORY=CUBE
4. Cds_View_Annotation: Provides list of CDS’s with relevant annotations used in specific CDS view.
- Cds_View_Crossreference: Provides list of back end tables used in an particular CDS View.
Finally ,please note that we can customise these views back end code based on our requirements and we can use these CDS views for multiple scenarios.
Thanks & Regards,