- /sapmnt directory is mounted on pofdb00
- SCS Instance is successfully installed.
- Oracle Server and Client Software are downloaded.
Install DB Server:
1. Login into pofdb00 with root and goto root directory. Once we are in root create four directories like shown below. Once we create these directories we will add the mounts from SCS in /etc/fstab. Given below are the screenshots:
2. Once we added mount it using command mount -a and check they are successfully mounted using df -k.
3. Run SWPM using the command ./sapinst -nogui &
4. Login with root user and pwd in the next screen.
5. Once you logged in we are at home page of SWPM screen.
6. Now go to path: Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP22 –> SAP NetWeaver 7.5 –> Oracle –> Installation –> Optional Standalone Units –> Process Orchestration –> Distributed System –> Database Instance
CAUTION: Be very careful to select right DB and right option.
7. Select Next in above screen. If we say Typical in next screen SAP will picks default setting. But we would like to use Custom in my landscape, so select Custom and click on Next.
8. Specify the location of JVM in the next screen.
9. Click Next. It goes through the directory and shows as available under Status in above screen.
10. Specify the profile directory in the next screen.
11. Give the Master pwd as per your company’s policies in the below screen.
12. Specify sidadm password, userid and login shell in the below screen else it will give you by default the master password:
13. Specify the type of Database Installation. In my scenario it is Single Instance on FIlesystem
14. Specify the Java Component folder in the below screen:
15. Specify the Kernel and DBATOOLS files folder
16. Give SAP Host Agent folder path.
17. If you want to change sapadm pwd change it in below screen. Else press next so that it takes the same master password.
18. Specify the Database Server and Client Version.
19. Specify the OS username for Oracle.
20. Specify sidadm password, userid and login shell in the below screen else it will give you by default the master password.
If you are not sure and would like to see what is used in existing landscape then login into current landscape and check by giving below command:
pifdb00:pifadm 51> grep pid /etc/passwd
pifadm:x:57250:5700:SAP System Administrator:/home/pifadm:/bin/csh
orapif:x:57251:5701:SAP Database Administrator:/oracle/PIF:/bin/csh
21. Specify the Java Schema name in the below screen.
22. Specify if you want to use a Multitenant Database or no.
23. Give Oracle Listener Configuration in the below screen.
24. Give Oracle Client Software location.
25. Give password for standard database users. By default it populates with the master password which we gave above. If we don’t want the master password then we can change.
26. Specify the Oracle Server Software in the below screen.
27. Specify key for Secure Store.
28. Specify if we want to do Java Statistics once the DB is installed.
29. Click Next in the below screen.
30. In Summary make sure the data given in previous screens are correct. If anything needs to be changed click on Revise and change. If all looks good then Click on Next.
31. Installation will start and will stop at the below screen for installing Oracle from OS level.
32. Install Oracle from OS (not covered in this series). If we want to know on how to do this please comment I have to do a different weblog.
33. Once Oracle is installed from OS level say OK in the above screen.
34. Given below are some screen shots while it is executing.
35. Database Instance will be installed successfully.
Say Ok in the above screen.
36. Click on Exit for the process to Exit in the below screen.
Now we successfully installed SCS and DB instances lets move onto installing Primary Application Server in Part4.